“One of the best new restaurants in town”
Review of Melilotos

Melilotos
Ranked #87 of 2,493 Restaurants in Athens
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Plaka
Description: Downtown, busy and small family restaurant, with a few tables outside. Fresh, local food with a twist, cooked with love and best quality ingredients. It is placed among cafes and bars, so it is the right place to feel the rythm of the city!
Reviewed May 11, 2013

A very friendly non smoking restaurant with delicious food.
Finally a non smoking restaurant in Athens!!! Very well decorated with also a quite area for outdoor seating

4  Thank Harisway
There are newer reviews for Melilotos

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Greek food at its best.
The menu changes with season and probably with the mood of the chef.
Whether you are shopping or sightseeing this is the place for a well deserved dinner or lunch.
Take your time to read the menu and bring your friends so as to choose as many things possible.
P.s. Go wash your hands before y
ou eat. Not only will your mother approve but you will love the WC

2  Thank 1979Stefanos
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I've been meaning to go to Melilotos for a while now and wasn't disappointed on my first visit! The food was great and quite value for money compared to other over-hyped restaurants nearby. My only complaint is that they were out of seafood dish that I wanted to try but the meat dish that the waiter suggested was really good!

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Located in the historic center of Athens at a pedestrian street, Melitotos caters greek people and some tourists both at noon and evening. The three persons who received us were all kind, smiling and efficient at their job. The ambience is cool and relaxed. The idea of the menu is greek dishes prepared in a creative way. My foreign friends loved it. We had tarama salad perfumed by fresh lemon, feta cheese with sesame (a contemporary classic). salads ( the one with figues was really good). Among the main courses, the smoked steak was a pleasant surprise. the stuffed chicken delicious and the schnitzel amazingly tender. French fries, bread and house wine of prime quality. The sweets did not surprised us. Definitely a place we shall visit again.

1  Thank Petros S
Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

I knew this restaurant since they had only delivery time. I was a disappointed food, also people! It is popular Sunday lunch place due to the location, no competition around. We had Tomatopita, seems to see good, taste as Dried Pizza, Fried Kolokithakia( zukkini) with Yougurt sauce, bra,bra,,,,,was sticky oil and mayo taste. Thripsala (big squid) grill and Fava paste was safety dish, but risotto was unknown taste. They put mushrooms, herbs,meat, oil and I cannot feel any taste! This was spoiled restaurant by ignorant customers!

Konstantinos S, Owner at Melilotos, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

As the chef of Melilotos, i would like to express my deep sorrowthat i gaveyoy the impression that I am not m any more. I am the same chef and owner of this restaurant since the first day we opened and still have the same mother in law who is cooking the pies, since my wife and me are still married. I am very sorry that you hated our cooking that much. I suppse it didn't match your tast, since this is really the best we can do. i do not know whether you are Greek but pies are for Greeks what used to be at old times pizza for Italians: simple food for the poor. At Melilotos, we make our own fyllo, which takes time and is complicated to do.We don not buy frozen one, because we respect very much the people who visit us at the restaurant. The stuffing is made from fresh biological tomatoes and real feta cheese. Too bad you didn't like it. The risotto this Sunday, was made with wild porcini, that a friend gathered from the forest. Too bad you didn't smell its earthy flavors. I hope that people will continue to like our food as they do for 5 years now, not because there is no competition at the neighborhood, as you wrote and which is not true, since there are many hot spots at Monastiraki area, but because we try very hard to cook the best we can and with the best ingredients we can find. This is a fact that our customers recognize (even if they don't like the taste of our food) and it is not very polite to call so many people "ignorant".

Chef Konstantinos Siopidis