“2nd stay at this hotel”
Review of NJV Athens Plaza

NJV Athens Plaza
Ranked #36 of 282 Hotels in Athens
Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

This was our 2nd stay in this hotel and we are glad we chose it again. It is located in the perfect position close to major landmarks, shops, transport etc. The rooms are spacious and perfect for a family of 4. The staff were all very friendly. Again this year we found that exchanging dollars at the front desk gave the best rate that we found anywhere.

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank antjane
Marilena Z, Υπεύθυνος Δημοσίων Σχέσεων at NJV Athens Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2014

Dear Guest,
We are delighted to read your comments and thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. Comments such as these, especially when they are expressed by our most valued repeater guests, are a tremendous motivation for us all to continue offering the standards of service and facilities our guests have every right to expect and to which we are committed to offer. We are looking forward to welcoming you back at the N.J.V. Athens Plaza Hotel in the near future.
Yours truly,

Reviewed March 31, 2014

This hotel is very old and I think need to be renovation .the breakfast of this hotel is very cheep ,I think this hotel it can be very nice if they will fix it and then we will visit again,very good position .

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Marios S
Marilena Z, Public Relations Manager at NJV Athens Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Dear Guest, we wish to thank you for your constructive comments. The points you have raised about our facilities are taken into serious consideration as we are continuously striving to provide our guests with the best in service and accommodation. It is through your observations that we are able to find ways of improving our product. We certainly hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back on a future visit to Athens.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

The hotel sits in the same block as the King George Palace and the Grande Bretagne. It's luxurious yet comfortable and the service is good. Rooms are well equipped but no kettle for a late night cup of tea. Four or five English language TV stations, along with French, Spanish, German. The train from the airport stops beneath the square so it's a very short walk to the hotel. A short walk in the other direction takes you the Plaka with all its restaurants and cafes, not to mention the flea market.
My only complaint was the noise. Our room was on the 6th floor overlooking the Square, to our left and through the wall was the King George, and to our right a single American traveller, across the corridor just blank wood panelling - and yet each morning we were woken at 7:00AM by a child screaming and crying with the noise coming through the air-con that went on until 9:00AM. When the problem was raised with desk staff - they suddenly forgot their previously impeccable English.
I would however still recommend this hotel

Room Tip: Rooms facing the square have great views of the Acropolis, but has to be balanced against the traffi...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank smoboz
Marilena Z, Public Relations Manager at NJV Athens Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Dear Guest,
we wish to thank you for your constructive comments. The points you have raised about our facilities are taken into consideration as our main priority is to satisfy our client’s needs and wants. Since we are continuously striving to provide our guests with the best in service and accommodation, your assistance in this regard is greatly appreciated. It is through your observations that we are able to find ways of improving our product. With regards to the noise you experienced we would like to express our sincere apologies for this most unfortunate incident and hope to accommodate a future stay with us with the most satisfying & caring way.

Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

Great view of a bustling part of Athens and very comfortable hotel. Breakfast was also delicious with fresh squeezed orange juice! The staff was very accommodating and helpful. One doorman even walked us down to the subway station, helped us buy bus tickets, and showed us where to go!

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank EllenAas
Marilena Z, Υπεύθυνος Δημοσίων Σχέσεων at NJV Athens Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for the very positive comments you have posted on this web site, both about the service and the location. It is always a pleasure to be able to pass on such appreciative comments to our staff and it certainly motivates them and facilities maintain the same high levels you have experienced. Thank you again.

Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

We were welcomed by a rude front desk.. did not advice anything except that he let me and my husband checked in and gave the jey.. without showing the direction of the lift and to which floor is our room located, i find its so rude as this was the first time we were treated like this, though the room was fairly fine , sight seeing is just walking distance, close by to the syntagma square train station... We had dinner on thier Restaurant and it was just a plus points for the waitress thats was very friendly and accomodating, pitty that i forgot her name :) she adviced us good tips on where to go for good local foods in athens and how to reach some kther points of interest.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Marilena Z, Υπεύθυνος Δημοσίων Σχέσεων at NJV Athens Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Dear Guest,
First of all, we would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced. We thank you for taking the time to share with us your comments about the hotel. The points you have raised about our facilities are taken into consideration as our main priority is to satisfy our client’s needs and wants. Thank you for your kind remarks about our Restaurant accommodations as well as our privileged location. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

I did not expected to find it so good.
We were welcomed by very friendly front desk assistants, our check in was fast and our rooms were ready for us.
Since we are a family with kids we had connected rooms. Rooms are small and don't really have any space to walk comfortably, without moving your luggage from a place to another but all hotels in Europe have the same problem.
Rooms are extremely clean, beds are comfortable and have clean linen every day. Towels are changed every day, and I was lucky enough to say that I lost something in the room (I did not notice it) and when I came back I found it on my nightstand table.
I did not like the courtesy toiletries, they were not the best quality and they did not replace soaps and body wash often but I brought my own and it did not bother me at all.
Rooms need renovation ASAP, I have seen some rooms facing the backyard that have been already renovated and looked nice.
Our rooms were facing Syntagna Sq. where the Parliament is located but we did not have a Parthenon view because it was a lower floor, but upper floors do have a more beautiful view. We saw the hotel from the top of the Parthenon and it has a privileged location.
Taxis stop at all times in front of the hotel, transportation is not a problem because the metro is not far from there too, and Plaka and all the historical places are located 5 minutes walk from the hotel.
Breakfast was wonderful. Options for everyone, fresh fruits, the best Greek yoghurt ever, omelletes, scrambled eggs, honey, cereals, pies, pastries, fresh squeezed orange and grapefruit juices, really delicious. My daughter loved her caffe latte -she said it was simply perfect- The staff at the mezzanine was very attentive.
We loved the hotel and weren't disappointed. If I would return?? I don't have any doubts, of course I would!!!

Stayed: March 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing the N.J.V. Athens Plaza on your recent visit to Athens and for your recommendation. It is a pleasure reading that you were satisfied with most of our services and our location as well. The points you have raised about our facilities are taken into consideration as our main priority is to satisfy our client’s needs and wants. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

I am not even there yet and I am already receiving horrible customer service from a so called Reservations Manager!!! I had contacted the hotel to ask if we can do a room upgrade as we would like to face the Parthenon. I had received an email in return from one of your reservations
manager names Natasha Kalakou, she said that we should contact the agent to change the room type, so I had called and spoke to Natasha to let her know that we had booked through hotwire.com and they had told me to contact the hotel directly and we have booked through hotwire.com multiple times, I was always able to pay extra for an upgrade prior to our arrival by contacting the hotel directly.
Natasha was extremely rude about the situation and started raising her voice at me. She said call your agent and upgrade from there. I had calmly told her that we had booked online, so I was calling directly to upgrade.
She also told me if I want to then I should cancel the hotel reservation. So I said fine cancel it and give me a refund. She yelled at me and said " you are already committed to these days, call your agent if you want to cancel or upgrade ok!!!"
How extremely rude!!! I am not even there yet, and I am already getting horrible customer service!!
If you can cancel and give me a refund I will more than be glad to take our money back as this kind of customer service is unacceptable for any hotel!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family