“Amazing!”
Review of NJV Athens Plaza

NJV Athens Plaza
Ranked #36 of 282 Hotels in Athens
Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

Great view of a bustling part of Athens and very comfortable hotel. Breakfast was also delicious with fresh squeezed orange juice! The staff was very accommodating and helpful. One doorman even walked us down to the subway station, helped us buy bus tickets, and showed us where to go!

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank EllenAas
Marilena Z, Υπεύθυνος Δημοσίων Σχέσεων at NJV Athens Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for the very positive comments you have posted on this web site, both about the service and the location. It is always a pleasure to be able to pass on such appreciative comments to our staff and it certainly motivates them and facilities maintain the same high levels you have experienced. Thank you again.

Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

We were welcomed by a rude front desk.. did not advice anything except that he let me and my husband checked in and gave the jey.. without showing the direction of the lift and to which floor is our room located, i find its so rude as this was the first time we were treated like this, though the room was fairly fine , sight seeing is just walking distance, close by to the syntagma square train station... We had dinner on thier Restaurant and it was just a plus points for the waitress thats was very friendly and accomodating, pitty that i forgot her name :) she adviced us good tips on where to go for good local foods in athens and how to reach some kther points of interest.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Marilena Z, Υπεύθυνος Δημοσίων Σχέσεων at NJV Athens Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Dear Guest,
First of all, we would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced. We thank you for taking the time to share with us your comments about the hotel. The points you have raised about our facilities are taken into consideration as our main priority is to satisfy our client’s needs and wants. Thank you for your kind remarks about our Restaurant accommodations as well as our privileged location. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

I did not expected to find it so good.
We were welcomed by very friendly front desk assistants, our check in was fast and our rooms were ready for us.
Since we are a family with kids we had connected rooms. Rooms are small and don't really have any space to walk comfortably, without moving your luggage from a place to another but all hotels in Europe have the same problem.
Rooms are extremely clean, beds are comfortable and have clean linen every day. Towels are changed every day, and I was lucky enough to say that I lost something in the room (I did not notice it) and when I came back I found it on my nightstand table.
I did not like the courtesy toiletries, they were not the best quality and they did not replace soaps and body wash often but I brought my own and it did not bother me at all.
Rooms need renovation ASAP, I have seen some rooms facing the backyard that have been already renovated and looked nice.
Our rooms were facing Syntagna Sq. where the Parliament is located but we did not have a Parthenon view because it was a lower floor, but upper floors do have a more beautiful view. We saw the hotel from the top of the Parthenon and it has a privileged location.
Taxis stop at all times in front of the hotel, transportation is not a problem because the metro is not far from there too, and Plaka and all the historical places are located 5 minutes walk from the hotel.
Breakfast was wonderful. Options for everyone, fresh fruits, the best Greek yoghurt ever, omelletes, scrambled eggs, honey, cereals, pies, pastries, fresh squeezed orange and grapefruit juices, really delicious. My daughter loved her caffe latte -she said it was simply perfect- The staff at the mezzanine was very attentive.
We loved the hotel and weren't disappointed. If I would return?? I don't have any doubts, of course I would!!!

Stayed: March 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing the N.J.V. Athens Plaza on your recent visit to Athens and for your recommendation. It is a pleasure reading that you were satisfied with most of our services and our location as well. The points you have raised about our facilities are taken into consideration as our main priority is to satisfy our client’s needs and wants. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

I am not even there yet and I am already receiving horrible customer service from a so called Reservations Manager!!! I had contacted the hotel to ask if we can do a room upgrade as we would like to face the Parthenon. I had received an email in return from one of your reservations
manager names Natasha Kalakou, she said that we should contact the agent to change the room type, so I had called and spoke to Natasha to let her know that we had booked through hotwire.com and they had told me to contact the hotel directly and we have booked through hotwire.com multiple times, I was always able to pay extra for an upgrade prior to our arrival by contacting the hotel directly.
Natasha was extremely rude about the situation and started raising her voice at me. She said call your agent and upgrade from there. I had calmly told her that we had booked online, so I was calling directly to upgrade.
She also told me if I want to then I should cancel the hotel reservation. So I said fine cancel it and give me a refund. She yelled at me and said " you are already committed to these days, call your agent if you want to cancel or upgrade ok!!!"
How extremely rude!!! I am not even there yet, and I am already getting horrible customer service!!
If you can cancel and give me a refund I will more than be glad to take our money back as this kind of customer service is unacceptable for any hotel!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
7  Thank Leahalim
Reviewed March 17, 2014

I stayed here with my husband recently and the room we had booked had been upgraded to a suite which was a lovely welcome on arrival. The suite was huge two different rooms with balconies pure luxury. The staff are polite, discrete and professional. The front desk staff are always on hand if you need them. The cleanliness of the hotel is 5 star. The breakfast is delicious with something to suit every palette and served till 11 which is great. I am due to return again in a few months and will definitely be staying here again.

Also centrally located you can walk to all restaurants and shops in 2 mins
Well done athens plaza the best hotel I have stayed in !!!

Room Tip: Room overlooking the square
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Sasha187323

Dear Guest,
Thank you for having chosen the N.J.V. Athens Plaza Hotel on your recent visit to Athens. We are pleased to learn that your stay with us was comfortable and that our high level of service met with your expectations. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.
Sincerely yours,

Reviewed January 17, 2014

I stayed at the Plaza with my friend last December, for a short three day trip to Athens. The biggest benefit of this hotel is it's location! You are right in the heart of Athens, everything is at a comfortable walking distance from your doorstep. The hotel itself could have been better for the price, as the rooms are quite small for a five star hotel. But the biggest disadvantage is the lack of wifi any where inside the hotel. That could be provided at extra cost. I find that unacceptable for a five star Hotel , as anywhere in the world you can get it for free, even in small 4* Hotels.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank barbuni28
Marilena Z, Public Relations Manager at NJV Athens Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Dear Guest,
We wish to thank you for your constructive comments. The points you have raised about our facilities are taken into consideration as our main priority is to satisfy our client’s needs and wants. Since we are continuously striving to provide our guests with the best in service and accommodation, your assistance in this regard is greatly appreciated. It is through your observations that we are able to find ways of improving our product. With regards to the Internet pricing, please note that our prices are in line with other same category hotel properties in the centre of Athens and that free Wi Fi service is offered in our Deluxe rooms & Suites since last week. We certainly hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back on your future visit to Athens.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Upon arrival I was as ever greeted by friendly and helpful staff. The porter took me to my deluxe room overlooking Syntagma Square . The room was very clean and had all the amenities you would expect from a 5 star hotel. Great view from the Balcony overlooking Parliament Square the hotel has the best location for the shops, sight seeing or business. In the morning I could choose from a wide selection of food from the Breakfast Buffet where again the staff were both friendly and helpful, although I didnt have many meals at the Restaurant at night I would strongy recommend it as the food is amazing. Overall the Plaza is one of my favourite hotels on my travels abroad and I would strongly recommend it for anyone coming to stay in Athens whether long or short. 5 Star on service, location and value.

Demosthenes Russell

• Stayed: November 2013

Dear guest, thank you for your warm report following your recent stay at the N.J.V. Athens Plaza. It is highly gratifying and is a great motivation for our staff to continue offering the high standards of service you experienced. Thank you once more and we look forward to welcoming you back on your future visits to Athens.