TripAdvisor
Athens
All reviews great location small fridge in the room vending machine small square no window lovely little hotel walking distance minute stroll boiled eggs quiet at night priced hotel rooms are clean small elevator athens airport nice stay historical sites budget hotel
Selected filters
Reviewed June 30, 2015

My son and I arrived late and ready for sleep. When we got there the man at the front desk told us that we had no room. I showed him the booking number from the email I had received, and he just said sorry, no rooms. He said if I had used another site like booking.com I could have contacted them for help. But since we had used the hotel site, he had no record of the reservation, despite my printed booking email. The only positive was the he was able to secure us one night (we needed three) at a hotel down the street.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
6  Thank L3478OBchrisc
Reviewed June 30, 2015 via mobile

We stayed at Adams in June 2015. I've been staying at several hotels in Plaka (which is a very nice area to stay at) so my expectations weren't that high - many of the hotels are quite average. This time I was positively surprised with Adams. The room was nice and clean, bathroom was large, but the best thing was the balconies. We had two balconies in our room and one of them had direct view to Acropolis. That was really magical.
That alone would be enough to return to Adams.

The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. Everybody spoke good English. Really nice people. We'll definitely go back there!

Date of stay: June 2015
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank 1Petri1
Reviewed June 20, 2015 via mobile

..But thankfully I was able to rid my room of it within a minute, and I never saw another one.

The room smelled as if it had been recently fumigated... It did not look as if it had been recently renovated. Bed was uncomfortable.

Tried contacting the hotel several times via phone, and email with no response. Eventually after 2 days of trying, someone picked up but advised she couldn't even find my reservation.

The only good thing about this place is its location. Expect hostel quality.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed May 28, 2015

This is a good little hotel in the Plaka in Athens, very convenient for visiting the Acropolis, the Parthenon Museum, and other ancient sites in the area. The rooms are clean, comfortable and spacious, the management friendly and helpful, and the breakfasts first rate. We were there for one night only on a return trip from Hydra to the UK, but would certainly go back there for more nights for a stay in Athens.

Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank David C
Reviewed May 23, 2015 via mobile

It's a small hotel with small rooms and small bathroom and small lift. But it's a good place considering the less cost. And the best thing about this place is the location, it's right in the middle of Plaka with all the shops and restaurants, and the acropolis within walking distance. Breakfast is good. Wifi connection is not so good.

Date of stay: May 2015