“Great Hotel!”

and 1 more site!
Marble House
Ranked #19 of 282 Hotels in Athens
Reviewed August 3, 2012

This is a really great hotel, and for its price range, I give it 4 stars. It's south of the Acropolis which means its in a nicer neighborhood and cheaper then the main tourist hotels. I love having my own balcony and even though it's in a busy bustling city, our little enclave is relatively quiet. Everything is walk able from here but there's always the metro in case you don't want to walk. My bed was hard but comfortable. There's no AC in the room, only a fan (common in Greece) so I imagine the heat of the summer might make it stuffy but I don't have that issue this time of year :) I stayed here for four nights.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Megan R

Reviewed August 1, 2012

Worst hotel ever in Greece.
First, we had to pay for a night we did not spend at the hotel. Our ship from an island was cancelled because of weather conditions (wind). We prevented the hotel as soon as we knew about the cancellation (3 days ahead the reservation date). SInce they stipulate a 10-days cancellation policy, they charged for the frist night we did not spend in the hotel, arguing that the room had been kept free for us (no proofs). I argued that no one can predict the wind's mood 10 days ahead, so it was not our fault. It was not their fault either (that was the answer). So, be prepared to pay for Meteoro's caprices.
Second, we got a room with an impossible bathroom. The shower, and specially the toilet bowl, was right below the stairwell, so it was impossible to get a shower or using the bowl while standing up.
Third, the room was noisy, and so close to the reception's wc that you can hear the receptionist using it!!
A terrible experience.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank IAV680
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I spent three nights at Marble House last month and it was fine, nothing special but nice and clean and everything in working order. The owner was very helpful. Location is fine too, down the end of a quiet cul-de-sac about a 10/15 minute walk from the Parthenon.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank dermotmcorrigan
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I 've been staying several times in the Marble Hous Hotel and every time the hotel looks nicer: new painted, modern showers ... Last time there was wifi and you can use a laptop for half an hour and print gratis your boardingpass! Super.

In tree minutes you walk around in the park on the Philipapus-hill, where you have the best view on the acropolis with its parthenon. And in 5 minutes you 're in the metro "Singrou Fix".

The hotel is at the end of a dead end road in a quiet neighborhood, so it 's calm, even if your in the capital of Greece!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 20, 2012

We recently spent three nights at Marble House in Athens and were very impressed with the hotel and staff. It's in a great location - easy to walk to all the main sights and best areas of Athens, felt very safe walking around at night (unlike most other accommodation in this price range), and it's on a quiet cul-de-sac, making for a much quieter night's sleep. The room was great value - extremely clean, and nice and spacious and comfortable. We arrived late at night, but Christos, the owner, had given us great instructions on how to arrive and get into the hotel even though the reception was closed. The only slight negative was that I didn't realize that air conditioning cost extra and needs to be turned on by the staff, so we did without on the first night but would have happily booked it with A/C ahead of time if we had known...not sure though if this was my own oversight....and really just a minor detail. Christos was a great host who really understands what's important his customers and gave us lots of tips for the rest of our trip in Greece. We will definitely be back next time we're in Athens!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 6, 2012

I stayed at Marble House for three nights (July 3-6) and was very satisfied with the hotel. It's clean and simple, definitely no frills, but that's all a budget traveler could ask for. A MAJOR advantage is its coule-de-sac location, which means lots of quiet and a very good night's sleep. I kept the window open at night and slept very well. That, together with the fan, made AC seem rather unnecessary. The shared bathroom was always clean. I paid 40 euros (had to go for a double room because the single was taken by the time I had reserved) and felt I got my money's worth. The area is very nice - just the right mixture and with a genuine Athenian feel to it. Very safe. Did not have the breakfast so cannot attest to that. I'd go back for certain.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Lior667
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Marble House was a nice place to stay overall - the staff we're all very nice and helpful and it was clean and tidy. Nice bathrooms. The suburb isn't lovely, but it is quieter than being on a main st in Athens and there is a supermarket close by. It is a good 10/15 minute walk to the pretty/historic area of the Plaka and the Acropolis - so a little far from the action. It was 40 degrees when we were there so air conditioning is a must (extra 6 euros and the AC rooms are at the back of the hotel, not the balcony rooms at the front). Athens was surprisingly expensive so marble house is good value overall.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple