“Great budget hotel!”

Acropolis View Hotel
Ranked #42 of 326 Hotels in Athens
“Great budget hotel!”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

This was a great little hotel on a quiet street which was within walking distance of every thing we wanted to do. We did have a wonderful view of the acropolis from our balcony room, and the rooftop view was even better. The rooms are small but clean. Breakfast was included. The front desk staff was also very helpful.

Room Tip: We paid extra for a balcony room.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

This was the perfect base for my stay in Athens. It is so close to the Acropolis that it was easy to beat the tourist crowds. It was also easy to get to the metro. I came during Easter and the Metropoli cathedral was within walking distance -- perfect for partaking in the Saturday midnight ceremony since the metro was closed by then.

The rooms don't actually face the Acropolis but some rooms had balconies that jutted out so I imagine you could step out, look left, and see the Parthenon from there. However, the views from the rooftop are simply amazing and I went up there everyday. My room was on the first floor (above the ground floor) and had no balcony but I didn't mind since I was rarely there except to sleep. It faced the street but there was hardly any traffic noise (it was also Easter so i can't say that was normal). Another bonus for the room i was in was that I could pick up the WiFi signal from the lobby, which was much faster than the unsecured one allotted for the rooms. The bathroom is very small, though, and I would imagine it would be troublesome for people bigger than I. I didn't mind it so much, and was prepared for it through some of the reviews here. The TV was also small and old, but I rarely watch TV when I'm on vacation so I never used it.

The air-conditioning did break on the first night but they fixed it the next day, which was impressive since it was Easter Sunday. Still, the AC was a little weak after they fixed it; though it did improve the day I was leaving. I hope it's permanently fixed now.

The staff here is so helpful. They even accommodated my request for a late checkout and that really helped me squeeze in a visit to the National Archaeological Museum that morning. I had missed it the previous day on account of it closing early due to Easter Monday.

Overall, this hotel was what I expected for the rate I paid and I enjoyed my stay very much. Excellent value!

• Stayed May 2013
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Acropolis View is small, clean, air conditioned, just nice. The price is very good and, I think can be negotiated. We stayed two nights for 100 euro. Attentive staff. The rooftop view of the acropolis is stunning. Hotel location rates a 5 ... A great value.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
London
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed in the Acropolis View Hotel for a couple of days in April, and it was great. I had a partial view of the Acropolis from my room and of course there is the roof top area where you have an uninterrupted view of the Acropolis and much of Athens. It was easy to find as well, its about an 8-10 minute walk from the Acropolis Museum Metro station. My room was perfectly fine. It was nice and clean, although I couldn’t figure out the air con, it just blew out warm air, so I left it off. Continental style breakfast was good and the staff were very helpful. All in all a good stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Gloucestershire, England
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This place is in a quiet part of town (for Athens anyway!), close to the acropolis and other tourist attractions. Excellent buffet breakfast, And my bed was very comfortable. For the price of 43 euros a night for a double room we reckoned this was amazing value for the centre of Athens. (We did book a few weeks ahead.)
There were a few minor detractions, none of which spoiled our stay; The room was pretty small, made worse by the extra bed crammed in. But who spends much time in the hotel room in Athens? The roof terrace is not presently in use - no bar etc, but there is an awning, plants, and tables/chairs, so you can take a drink up there and soak up the view. Our room was at the back of the hotel which faces onto a road with intermittant traffic (scooters etc) most of the night - goodness knows where they come from or go to as it isn't a through road to anywhere. The rooms at the front seem to be quieter and have the advantage of an oblique view of the acropolis. Both neighbouring buildings were undergoing building work, with delivery of skips at unlikely hours (11.00 pm... 6.00 am...) The economic crisis doesn't seem to be affecting the building trade just here!
I would have no problem booking this hotel again.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front are probably quieter and have an oblique view of the acropolis. Higher is better.
1 Thank woodsider79
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed May 4, 2013

My title says it all... This place is in a safe neighborhood. The hotel is clean and the room was spotless. Very small and not newly renovated but not run down at all and not dirty. It was only a few minutes walk from the entrance to the acropolis and the acropolis museum and about 5-10 minutes walk down a very nice pedestrian road to plaka which is the go to spot for touristy stuff, bars and restaurants. It was very inexpensive, we paid 50 Euro per night including breakfast. The breakfast in general in Europe is not to American standards but I will note that this place had the best breakfast out of anywhere we stayed in Greece & Italy. If we come back to Athens again and are on a budget we would stay here again... but if we have the money we will stay at one of the more modern hotels.
I will also add, the rooftop is not a bar or a restaurant. There is a small bar in the lobby that the front desk can make you a drink and you bring it up to the roof. It looks like they are making renovations on the roof and maybe someday will have it as a bar but for now it is just a place you can go and sit. The bar, lobby and rooftop are not places you would really hang out for much anyway. If you're looking for a hotel with an active bar scene this is not the place for you.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher up floor with a view of the acropolis.
Rhode Island
Reviewed April 18, 2013

My husband and I just returned 2 days ago from our first trip to Greece & Italy. We booked our stay with the Acropolis View Hotel based on the positive reviews on TA, the central location and of course, the amazing view from the top. Our overall experience was very positive and exactly what we were expecting. Let's be honest, you are paying for a safe, clean, quiet place to rest your head at night and this place is a GREAT DEAL. If you want a big room with flat screen TV's and room service you will have to book somewhere else.

The staff is helpful & friendly.

The breakfast was one of the best we had all vacation. It was simple but had several options, including hardboiled eggs, which were the first and last eggs we saw the whole trip.

The room was a New York standard for size but had everything you needed. I read others say they only had one outlet, we had 2. We also specifically requested a balcony room and got it - the view was enough to bring tears to your eyes.

The neighborhood was quiet and in a nice location, just a quick walk to the Acropolis base and central Plaka.

The roof top bar was not in service during our stay because we went before the main season, but we were able to go up any time and enjoy the view. Which we did, several times.

If you are looking for a clean, safe & convenient place to stay with an unbeatable price, this hotel is worth booking.

Room Tip: Specifically ask for a room with a balcony, our room was 207.