All reviews no elevator syntagma square charming hotel perfect location first floor your luggage hotel staff restaurants and shops min walk street noise yogurt balcony greece acropolis olives greek panos
Selected filters
Reviewed April 29, 2019

I originally stayed here in 1994 and it was a great place to stay then, Panos was a young man. I stumbled on this hotel again when looking to book my hotel. It really was like coming home, Panos is still there just slightly older the same as me. The rooms are old but comfortable and the breakfast is terrific. The staff really care about their guests, nothing is too much trouble. I will certainly return, its like being in someones home rather than a hotel. So close to everything as well.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Acropolishouse, Υπεύθυνος Ρεσεψιόν at Hotel Acropolis House, responded to this reviewResponded 6 days ago

Dear friend
It was a pleasure to welcome you again. Thank you for your feedback. We hope to see you again (sooner than the last time!!!)

Reviewed March 23, 2019 via mobile

During the first day at the hotel, we requested an extra small bottle of shower gel as it wasn't enough for one person.

We were told by the receptionist to go buy shower gel at the shop... I could get that advice from a homeless person on the street.

We wanted to pay by card when checking out, but were met with a disappointed face as they "were expecting cash". He had to then escalate to his manager who said that they would increase our bill by 5%.

We told them to either find a way to pay by card or they would not see a cent. They then presented a card reader.

It seems that cash is preferred everywhere but when asked why, everyone reveals that they do not want to pay tax. No wonder Greece is bankrupt

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nicos C
Reviewed March 22, 2019 via mobile

This hotel is a lovely option for couples or families who wish to stay in the middle of Plaka. The staff are very nice and attentive, the rooms are what you pay for simple. Suggestion: get a room on the 1st or 2nd flore as on the ground floor the kitchen staff starts to prep bfast at around 6:30am so they do wake one up with beating those eggs and playing around with cutlery. Aside from that it is a great choice of a simple hotel. The receptionists and owner are super nice.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 7, 2019 via mobile

WOW what a place to stay! On a cobbled street at the base of the Acropolis (a couple of rooms haves views off the balcony - ask about these!), beautiful rooms steeped in history, breakfast fresh/local/delicious, in a neighbourhood full of the best restaurants and shops and great hosts.
If you are in Athens to see the Acropolis and aren’t sure where to stay, I’d highly recommend this place. We are a family 2 parents 2 kids.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed February 13, 2019

This pension house has a great location for visiting all the sites by walking distance in the area, my daughter and I enjoyed a comfortable double room. The service here is excellent and the desk staff always willing to help with friendly local advice. The breakfast is delicious served in a cosy restaurant with traditional Greek decor. I'd stay here again and enjoyed visiting Athens in winter, the weather was also pleasant occasional rain found us in the museum part of a day but sunny and sweater-weather made ruins comfortable to explore with very low tourist numbers. Great value and warm hospitality.

Date of stay: January 2019