Lowest prices for your stay
$69
eDreams
$69
Trip.com
$66
FindHotel
Agoda.com$74
Hotels.com
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 8, 2017

I first stayed at Akroplis House with my friend 35 years ago on our first visit to Greece. The welcome then was friendly and this time was equally if not more so. Our room had a balcony with a narrow view of the Acropolis. The room was small and looking a little tired but was perfectly adequate. Breakfast was traditional Greek with wonderful yoghurt and interesting Greek pies and salads. The hotel is perfectly situated for exploring all the major sights of the city on foot and is within easy reach of public transport. I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone seeking good value, friendly accommodation in a great position in Athens.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed September 7, 2017

I loved this hotel. It was basic and it offered what you would expect these days ... A TV, free wi-fi, air conditioning. If you want a clean, secure place to stay in a great location then this is the place.

It is right in the centre of the beautiful Plaka district of the city centre. Full of small streets packed with restaurants, bars and shops and just a few minutes walk from the main sites, including the Acropolis.

The staff bend over backwards to be helpful and the buffet breakfast was superb - more extensive than you would usually find in a small hotel. If you like to luxuriate in a hotel with concierge and room service and all those special add-ons then this place probably isn't for you. But if you are looking for a base from which to explore Athens then this hotel is perfect.

Room tip: They put me in a room next to the kitchen which meant early noise. Didn't bother me but it might some people.
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank tonymI4234XU
Reviewed September 5, 2017 via mobile

I struggled with the actual rating but keeping in mind that this is a 2 star hotel, and my own expectations - I think 4/5 is quite fair. We stayed 4 nights, and I do think that should be about your max. It's meant for a short city stay. We had room 205 in the new part of the hotel.

This is a sweet little family fun hotel in the fabulous neighbourhood of Plaka in the middle of Athens. It's special to me thanks to the following touches:

- Personal and memorable service. We were off to bed with a 'have a good rest' after we were given the key to our room without needing to say which it was - she remembered (you don't take it out with you; 24 hour reception).

- the breakfast was described as 'authentic Greek'. I had the feeling that I was eating with my non existent Greek foster family every morning, in their antiquated dining room. The little doughnuts and marble cake with fresh Greek yoghurt got me out of bed every morning.

- great location.

However, as previously mentioned; it is a 2 hotel. The mattress was quite hard and the beds were not remade with the top cover. This resulted in quite fitful sleeps, worsened by the rattling of the aircon (necessarily on). It sounded like a small helicopter taking off. This combination meant that I was not well rested. As this is the primary function of a hotel I found this quite disappointing.

You may be wondering why I gave it a 4/5 if the sleeping part was average. If you want an experience that's not your typical average budget(ish) hotel, and you're staying 4 nights or less, it's a good option. It has a unique family vibes and the breakfast really is quite fun. Judging by other reviews I would ask for a room in the old part. Room 205 had an ensuite and we had no issues with outside noise (corner room though so no views at all). If you are staying longer or want a bit more luxury, this hotel is not for you.

Lastly - Our room was small, the bathroom minuscule. It didn't bother me as this is what you get in Rome, Paris, and London also. It's part of it, unless you are going to spend more on a room. You can only pay cash, but I had been informed in an email from the hotel, and had seen it on the listing on booking.com. Be prepared for it and have the right amount with you. Expect to pay cash almost everywhere in Greece, especially when island hopping. If this is an issue; reconsider going to Greece.

Confusion that I have read in other reviews may be due to the fact that in my booking.com confirmation e-mail it stated payment method as VISA/MasterCard. There appear to be some mixed messages there, perhaps on other sites also.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank NZondag
Reviewed August 29, 2017 via mobile

Needed a hotel to stay for the day. Was flighing out of Athens to an island, and only needed a hotel the day. Walked around and walked into the reception directly. Around 10am and we left around 8pm the same day. Reception lady was great, but the hotel was highly overpriced for the half day we used it- ended up paying 90€
The rooms: tiny tiny small. From what i read in ofher reviews i got the smallest double room on the ground floor, through a small hallway of of the reception, accross from the kitchen. Whoch by the way was very loud, you could hear dishes cracking all day, and kitchen ladies talking. This was the tinest hotel rooms i have been in. It was clean, a little dark, there was no sink in the tiney bathroom, which you walk into directly the shower / toilet. The actual sink, where you would brush your teeth in the morning is in the bedroom.

Anyways yes the room is tiny, and the hotel os very old and beet down, the location it self is very good. In the heart of plaka neighbourhood, and within walking distance to all restaurants.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank 160kristinas
Reviewed August 23, 2017

Overall it was a pleasant stay for a couple of nights here. The location is good as it's in the Place. The rooms are quite average. The air-conditioned bedrooms are a must in summer. Breakfast was a good buffet with a lot of choice available. Much more variety than you would get in other small hotels. The bathroom was tiny. The room safe was of limited usefulness as it was just sitting free on a shelf in the wardrobe and not secured in place. The staff were helpful. But I was quite disappointed that they did not answer my email about booking a taxi from airport. Their website says this can be done for €45. Therefore I wasn't sure at first if there was a taxi waiting when we arrived at the airport. When it was clear there wasn't one arranged we queued and the taxi was €57. When I queried all this on our arrival at the hotel I only got shrug in reply. I was greatly relieved that their service was better over the next 2 days.

Date of stay: August 2017
Acropolishouse, Υπεύθυνος Ρεσεψιόν at Hotel Acropolis House, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2017

Dear guest
thank you for your message. We are satisfied that you liked our hotel and that the service was good during your stay. However we would like to investigate the case of your non-arranged taxi. Please sent a message with your name and dates of your stay to the hotels email hotel@acropolishouse.gr to mrs Choudalaki