- Amazing location in the old town of Plaka, within walking distance of all the major sites (Acropolis, Ancient Agora, Roman Agora etc.)
- Knowledgeable and very helpful, kind staff - making great recommendations and organising taxis and trips efficiently and at reasonable prices.
- Interesting old building - I think the staff said it was 150+ years old
- The breakfast - consists of bread, cake, cereal and some limited fruit. No yoghurt! In Greece! Pretty much impossible to make a healthy meal from the food on offer.
- The bathroom (ensuite) - a dark and very tired wet room
- The TV- didn't work, but we didn't bother complaining as we could hear through the static that it was only in Greek
All in all, the room is basic but the price is reasonable for the location and the staff really are wonderful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Acropolis House is a preserved mansion of the last century, in excellent condition. It is consisted essentially of two different buildings together. The oldest of these is a stone manor house about 120 years old and the other is well-built four-floor building of 75 years. In 1965 it was modified to a hotel from the family Choudalakis, which operates since. Generally the hotel is a two star family business with character, providing security and full service to both families, and unique people who respect the identity of the hotel. In total the hotel has comfortable single, double and large rooms for families. The Hotel Acropolis House has a non smoking policy in all areas. Guests may smoke in the terrace of the first floor. Hotel Acropolis House is located at the gates of Plaka having so the advantage of being close to all the interesting places without the disadvantage of the hustle of the people and vehicles visiting the site. It is situated in a stunning location, either for professional or tourist as it is a 10-minute walk from the monument of Acropolis and the New Acropolis Museum, 3 minutes from Syntagma Square and the metro / bus and 2 minutes from the commercial and business center of Athens. Near the hotel there are parking, museums, pharmacies and the tourist information office. The hotel has a breakfast room, which served continental style breakfast very early in the morning for early morning flights (from 07.30 Until 10.30). There is luggage storage and safe for customers. Finally, Hotel Acropolis House has a library, with a rich collection, to borrow books from. This is himself occasionally enriched by the customers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotwire, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Acropolis House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Acropolis