When we arrived we were greeted by very friendly reception team. They offered us a room upgrade and use of club lounge and spa for an extra cost which we accepted. Could not fault the room, cleanliness, brilliant service, view, food - shall I go on. The hotel shuttle bus service to the centre was very regular and comfortable, and the driver very professional and friendly. There was also a tram stop 2min walk from the hotel which was just as efficient and very regular (average 3min wait for tram and 4 stops into town). You would walk to the centre in about 15min. Don't use the taxis unless you have to as they always overcharge and rip you off. Overall a fabulous hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- No wonder the Athenaeum InterContinental has been named Greece s leading hotel time and again. Athens largest guestrooms, award winning fine dining venues and a central location appeal to business and leisure travellers alike. Within a few kilometres are the Acropolis, the Parthenon, the Temple of Apollo and the PlÃ¡ka. Metro and tram stations are also nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, IHG, Hotwire, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your InterContinental Athenaeum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Athenaeum Hotel Athens
- Intercontinental Hotel Athens
- Intercontinental Hotel Athenaeum