We stayed here for 4 nights. Very easy 15 minute trip to the centre by tram (right outside hotel) or metro (short walk to station "syngrou fix"). Also plenty of taxis which are very cheap.
Also very near to a stop on the open top bus tour route too, for those doing tourist visits.
Hotel has an amazing spa - had two separate treatment sessions as there's lots of special offers. Sauna, spa etc all fantastic. Make time for a session!
Rooms were large, service all good.
Only negative was cocktail bar on 10th floor. We planned to be there for the night but we ordered just one cocktail each, and the staff seemed quite lost. Took a long time, and we could hear them discussing how to make them. Unfortunately not served with properly crushed ice either. At 16 euros a drink, we expected more.....
(Alexander's bar in hotel grande Bretagne knows how it should be done properly - excellent cocktail bar).
Would recommend intercontinental for accommodation though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- No wonder the Athenaeum InterContinental has been named Greece s leading hotel time and again. Athens largest guestrooms, award winning fine dining venues and a central location appeal to business and leisure travellers alike. Within a few kilometres are the Acropolis, the Parthenon, the Temple of Apollo and the PlÃ¡ka. Metro and tram stations are also nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your InterContinental Athenaeum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Athenaeum Hotel Athens
- Intercontinental Hotel Athens
- Intercontinental Hotel Athenaeum