We enjoyed our stay at this hotel.
The pros...The hotel has a nice outdoor pool , great spa(no hair salon),fabulous views of the acropolis,a nice breakfast.The beds are comfortable. The rooms are very clean and have new modern bathrooms.They do have a selection of pillows to choose from. We were upgraded to a balcony room and it was amazing. Our balcony was huge with a table and a sofa and love seat. We sat outside and viewed the Acropolis and relaxed after our day of sightseeing. In our opinion this is the only choice. It was a huge spacious two room suite with the large balcony.
The cons...you can not walk around outside the hotel. You must drive or taxi everywhere. It's only about ten minutes ride from the center of all but the neighborhood it is located in is run down.it is easy to get a cab right out the lobby. The taxi service we received was great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- No wonder the Athenaeum InterContinental has been named Greece s leading hotel time and again. Athens largest guestrooms, award winning fine dining venues and a central location appeal to business and leisure travellers alike. Within a few kilometres are the Acropolis, the Parthenon, the Temple of Apollo and the PlÃ¡ka. Metro and tram stations are also nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Bookgreece.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental Athenaeum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Athenaeum Hotel Athens
- Intercontinental Hotel Athens
- Intercontinental Hotel Athenaeum