This was our first visit to Greece, and was our honeymoon. The stay at Intercontinental was beautiful, needless to say. Starting with the buffet breakfast, it wasa a wide spread with some live counters that cater to every palate. The check-in was smooth and pleasant to have a guest relations officer speak to us. We had chosen rooms with Acropolis view (on the 7th floor), with King Size beds. The view was spectacular and worth every buck. Staff was very curteous, though we wish we could get complimentary WiFi. We have visited a host of restaurants and stayed at over 3 places in Greece, and every one of them did provide us with this service. Nevertheless, some of the featured at this hotel is amazing, especially the shuttle service which picks and drops you off from the hotel to Syntagma square every 30 mins (during peak hours). Taxis are avaialable right outside the hotel. Need to be a bit careful while in the evening, as this place can get very lonely - the hotel is right on Syngrou Avenue, with high-speed traffic in both directions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- No wonder the Athenaeum InterContinental has been named Greece s leading hotel time and again. Athens largest guestrooms, award winning fine dining venues and a central location appeal to business and leisure travellers alike. Within a few kilometres are the Acropolis, the Parthenon, the Temple of Apollo and the PlÃ¡ka. Metro and tram stations are also nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your InterContinental Athenaeum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Athenaeum Hotel Athens
- Intercontinental Hotel Athens
- Intercontinental Hotel Athenaeum