In Athens on business & decided to try this place, instead of my usual hotel. First impressions are obtained from the surrounding neighbourhood, which is not very nice. I wouldn't walk around here on my own at night. Hotel lobby is big & the welcome is warm, professional and friendly. As with everywhere in Greece, English is spoken as standard. The room I had was also spacious, so felt comfortable from that perspective but it is partly carpeted, which I really don't like (the rest is marble which is lovely - why not throughout entire room?). Bathroom doesn't have separate shower but can make do with shower over bath. Korres products in bathroom are a little luxury & absolutely the best I've ever used. Love these products so much, I stock up at Athens airport every time I fly out! Free wi-fi is available & works well. But overall it's a big hotel, which lacks a bit of individuality or quirky characteristics, and the area lets it down somewhat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- No wonder the Athenaeum InterContinental has been named Greece s leading hotel time and again. Athens largest guestrooms, award winning fine dining venues and a central location appeal to business and leisure travellers alike. Within a few kilometres are the Acropolis, the Parthenon, the Temple of Apollo and the PlÃ¡ka. Metro and tram stations are also nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your InterContinental Athenaeum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Athenaeum Hotel Athens
- Intercontinental Hotel Athens
- Intercontinental Hotel Athenaeum