We reserved two rooms for our family. Both were spacious and clean. A little outdated, but nothing that bothered us. We were disappointed they charged for WIFI (very pricey) and decided not to buy it. Any cafe in Athens has free WIFI for the asking and that is how we checked email, facebook, etc. during our stay. Super delicious breakfast buffet - truly something for everyone! Staff was very nice, security guard at the door at all times. We had to take shuttle to Plaka area, but we were happy to stay a little farther from the hustle/bustle. We usually did not wait for the shuttle to return and it was about 5 euros to take a taxi back, which was worth it at the end of the day for us. It was close to highway, but noise was not a problem. We were there in December, so we did not try pool. Restaurants inside hotel were quite expensive, so we did not dine there since there are so many wonderful choices in the city.
Would stay there again in a heartbeat if we return to Athens.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- No wonder the Athenaeum InterContinental has been named Greece s leading hotel time and again. Athens largest guestrooms, award winning fine dining venues and a central location appeal to business and leisure travellers alike. Within a few kilometres are the Acropolis, the Parthenon, the Temple of Apollo and the PlÃ¡ka. Metro and tram stations are also nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, IHG, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter and Hotwire so you can book your InterContinental Athenaeum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Athenaeum Hotel Athens
- Intercontinental Hotel Athens
- Intercontinental Hotel Athenaeum