Overall, this hotel is OK with standards to be expected for an Intercontinental. Rooms spacious, beds comfortable. The reason I only rate it three stars is because of :
1) its location (rundown area and no restaurants or facilities nearby).
2) restaurants and mini bar expensive by ANY standard (breakfast 38 euros, Pringles 6.50 euros, can of Coke 7.50 euros!!), let alone Greece.
3) Pool was nice with excellent service but unheated (too cold in October).
Not sure what the alternative would be, but certainly somewhere more lively.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- No wonder the Athenaeum InterContinental has been named Greece s leading hotel time and again. Athens largest guestrooms, award winning fine dining venues and a central location appeal to business and leisure travellers alike. Within a few kilometres are the Acropolis, the Parthenon, the Temple of Apollo and the PlÃ¡ka. Metro and tram stations are also nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, IHG, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental Athenaeum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Athenaeum Hotel Athens
- Intercontinental Hotel Athens
- Intercontinental Hotel Athenaeum