As the title suggests, this is a very smart hotel and immaculate throughout. The reception area is very large with a beautifully designed, contemporary atrium which gives a very good first impression. Check-in very quick and efficient. Room is a good size, ditto bathroom, with high quality products. Bed very comfortable. Hotel has a luxurious feel to it. Very quiet. You can also open the windows!! It's in a good, safe location and there is a regular shuttle bus into the city centre which takes about 10 minutes. But the bus doesn't hang around for the return pick up (for probably obvious reasons at the moment!) so be there early! Wifi IS expensive, but the Business Centre lets you use their computers free for short period of time. Hotel is basically on the higher end standard for a business hotel. As you would expect, the restaurant facilities are good, but a little tip if you want a "local restaurant experience" nearby - try the Vassillis 3 minutes walk away (turn right immediately outside hotel, and it's clearly signposted).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- No wonder the Athenaeum InterContinental has been named Greece s leading hotel time and again. Athens largest guestrooms, award winning fine dining venues and a central location appeal to business and leisure travellers alike. Within a few kilometres are the Acropolis, the Parthenon, the Temple of Apollo and the PlÃ¡ka. Metro and tram stations are also nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your InterContinental Athenaeum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Athenaeum Hotel Athens
- Intercontinental Hotel Athens
- Intercontinental Hotel Athenaeum