We chose Amalia Athens for our 4 nights/5 days stay in Athens for our Honeymoon during the month of May 2013. The hotel is located at the heart of Athens, just a few steps from the Syntagma square and the Hellenic Parliament.
We booked a room overlooking the national gardens/parliament and must say that was pleasantly surprised to have such refreshing views right at the heart of Athens. The room was well done and the housekeeping services were very nice. They offered us WiFi access for 10 euros for our entire stay of 5 days. The positives about the hotel are:
1) Great location
2) Close to the Syntagma Metro station
3) Close to Plaka area
4) All ancient sights are within walk able distances
5) Good complementary breakfast
6) Crisp and professional services
What can be improved/not so good:
1) The hotel has an amazing rooftop view of the Acropolis, but it was disappointing to see that there were no roof top restaurant/bar to savor those views.
2) The protests at Syntagma square forces the metro station to shut down. And traffic snarls take place right in-front of the Hotel.
Overall, I will highly recommend this hotel for a stay in Athens.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Commercial 7-story Hotel in the center of the city, facing National Garden, just off Constitution Square. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Bookgreece.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Amalia Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amalia Hotel Athens