WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #47 of 336 Hotels in Athens
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Will stay here again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

It's not cheap (225 Euros for an executive plus room), but I have to say compared to other hotels I have stayed at in Athens, it is worth paying the extra. The rooms are very spacious and comfortable. The in-room facilities cover pretty much all your needs and from the executive floor, the views are fantastic.

All the staff we encountered were courteous and helpful. The breakfast buffet was plentiful and of good quality. I can't comment on lunch or dinner as we ate out in the city with business clients.

The location of the hotel is convenient and in a pretty decent part of the city. You can hop in a taxi and be enjoying the central sights within 5 or 10 minutes depending on the time of day.

I will happily appoint this is my hotel of choice for my Athens visits from now on.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Jazzkat71

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
bribie isalnd
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

We spent 5 nights here 3 one time and two the other, it is a comfortable hotel. Breakfast variety was good and they made me a poached egg when I asked for it. They do not have free WIFI but the little drinking places around the corner have so spent many a night there.
One thing I left my Europe adaptor in the room, we rang to let them know if they could get housekeeping to get it for us as we were coming back and guess what, nothing was done but the plug was found in the same room we had had before still sitting in the outlet.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Nanny A
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

We just spent 4 days in Athens and stayed at this hotel. It is a Leading Hotels of the World member. It is a comfortable place to stay. I would not classify it as luxurious. The hotel was very busy with meetings. We were leader club members @ LHW so we had a suite, which was very large and glad a view of the Acropolis. The one complaint with the room was inadequate lighting. Also, we were on the Executive floor, which had a desk for a concierge. The desk was rarely occupied, which was a negative.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Jay L
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

I did not stay at the hotel, but visited for two days for a conference. However, my brief dealings with the staff gave me enough reason to write this review - and to advise you not to stay here.

Upon arrival, the lobby was not busy, but I still had to wait 5-10 minutes to speak to someone at reception. I asked about wifi and was told the rate is €5 per hour - which seemed excessive. It turned out that the conference had its own free network - but the staff didn't want me to know about this.

I needed to print something for the conference and asked for advice on the local area. I was pointed towards the hotel's in-house business centre - this did not have the facilities I needed, but rather than being pointed in the right direction, was given a long spiel on how much everything costs. The woman then decided to take a phone call in the middle of my conversation with her. After another wait, the receptionist reluctantly gave me vague directions for facilities in the local area - I had to ask someone in the street for better advice.

It was very clear that the staff did not want to help, and only wanted to extract money. This experience seems in line with other reviewers who have stayed at this hotel. Avoid!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank AAcred
Cape Town Central, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

We stayed in this hotel that belongs to the leading hotels of the world. The service was great and the shuttle service is very convenient to take you to the centre city and to visit the acropolis. All recommendations by staff was great. We had a room with view of acropolis and it was great. Breakfast variety was good and food was tasty. We can recommend the spa. Treatments are good and therapist were competent.You can walk to town if required but the shuttle helps. Good restaurants all around the hotel.

Room Tip: room with view of acropolis
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GSAUNDERS1958
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

A beautiful hotel from the outside and it's grand lobby but value for money, I would have stayed at the Westin. The room had no view...well, a view of local residents' balconies and laundry. There was construction going on which woke us up to the sound of power equipment at 8am. There was no free WiFi but the hotel was happy to charge €25 for 3days of WiFi. I had to pay €1 to make a collect call to Visa using a number they provided which was unassigned. Overall, the least impressive accommodation on our 14 day tour of Greece and Spain.

5 star look; 2 star value and experience.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank R C
Rochester, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

We stayed here for three nights as part of an Insight Tours tour. This is a four or five star hotel. The lobby is huge and very modern. Our room was nice, albeit the bathroom somewhat small. The toilet was located behind the door, and the only thing that kept the door from hitting it was a floor stop. Also, the step-up into the tub/shower was exceptionally high. We encountered the same bathroom design at our hotel in Istanbul. I did not like the breakfast buffet included with the room. I thought the "hot" food was always cold or, at best, lukewarm. The location is not exactly close to the city center but within walking distance, and you can always take a cab. We thought the cab fares quite reasonable. You do need to walk across the street to pick up the cab. You will be charged more if it comes to the hotel door. Also, check that the meter starts out fresh without previous charges on it. I caught this "mistake" one time.

We also made the mistake of having two cokes in the lobby restaurant--12 euros for two eight ounce cokes. We didn't do that again. There are, however, some good reasonable restaurants very close to the hotel. Go out the front doors, turn left and then left again at the first street and you will encounter three restaurants on your left with tables also across the sidewalk. The food was delicious and the people who work in the restaurants very nice. There is also a small grocery store on this same street where you can buy water, soft drinks, etc. at reasonable prices.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple