Divani Caravel Hotel
Melia Athens(Athens)
$147
  • Pool
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $184/night.

$203
$917
Hotelpower.com
  • Pool
1,468 results
All reviewsrooftop poolnice hotelexecutive floorper daybusiness hotelfree wifisyntagma squarebusiness tripmetro stationtop floorcleaning staffmini barrestaurants and barssuperior roommain attractionsvisit athenscentral athens
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I did not stay at the hotel, but visited for two days for a conference. However, my brief dealings with the staff gave me enough reason to write this review - and to advise you not to stay here.

Upon arrival, the lobby was not busy, but I still had to wait 5-10 minutes to speak to someone at reception. I asked about wifi and was told the rate is €5 per hour - which seemed excessive. It turned out that the conference had its own free network - but the staff didn't want me to know about this.

I needed to print something for the conference and asked for advice on the local area. I was pointed towards the hotel's in-house business centre - this did not have the facilities I needed, but rather than being pointed in the right direction, was given a long spiel on how much everything costs. The woman then decided to take a phone call in the middle of my conversation with her. After another wait, the receptionist reluctantly gave me vague directions for facilities in the local area - I had to ask someone in the street for better advice.

It was very clear that the staff did not want to help, and only wanted to extract money. This experience seems in line with other reviewers who have stayed at this hotel. Avoid!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank AAcred
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We stayed in this hotel that belongs to the leading hotels of the world. The service was great and the shuttle service is very convenient to take you to the centre city and to visit the acropolis. All recommendations by staff was great. We had a room with view of acropolis and it was great. Breakfast variety was good and food was tasty. We can recommend the spa. Treatments are good and therapist were competent.You can walk to town if required but the shuttle helps. Good restaurants all around the hotel.

Room Tip: room with view of acropolis
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GSAUNDERS1958
Reviewed September 22, 2013

A beautiful hotel from the outside and it's grand lobby but value for money, I would have stayed at the Westin. The room had no view...well, a view of local residents' balconies and laundry. There was construction going on which woke us up to the sound of power equipment at 8am. There was no free WiFi but the hotel was happy to charge €25 for 3days of WiFi. I had to pay €1 to make a collect call to Visa using a number they provided which was unassigned. Overall, the least impressive accommodation on our 14 day tour of Greece and Spain.

5 star look; 2 star value and experience.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank R C
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We stayed here for three nights as part of an Insight Tours tour. This is a four or five star hotel. The lobby is huge and very modern. Our room was nice, albeit the bathroom somewhat small. The toilet was located behind the door, and the only thing that kept the door from hitting it was a floor stop. Also, the step-up into the tub/shower was exceptionally high. We encountered the same bathroom design at our hotel in Istanbul. I did not like the breakfast buffet included with the room. I thought the "hot" food was always cold or, at best, lukewarm. The location is not exactly close to the city center but within walking distance, and you can always take a cab. We thought the cab fares quite reasonable. You do need to walk across the street to pick up the cab. You will be charged more if it comes to the hotel door. Also, check that the meter starts out fresh without previous charges on it. I caught this "mistake" one time.

We also made the mistake of having two cokes in the lobby restaurant--12 euros for two eight ounce cokes. We didn't do that again. There are, however, some good reasonable restaurants very close to the hotel. Go out the front doors, turn left and then left again at the first street and you will encounter three restaurants on your left with tables also across the sidewalk. The food was delicious and the people who work in the restaurants very nice. There is also a small grocery store on this same street where you can buy water, soft drinks, etc. at reasonable prices.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank GrandmaAudrey
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We stayed 4 days that was 3 days too long. No tea or coffee in the rooms. Very hard beds. Room smelt of cigarettes. Not a bad hotel just not a place I would have liked to stay for a long time. As the rooms are small I should have insisted on an upgrade

Room Tip: Ask to be upgraded if possible to a suite as rooms are small
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends