Divani Caravel Hotel
  • Pool
  • Room Service
  • Room Service
1,444 results
All reviewsrooftop poolnice hotelexecutive floorbusiness hotelper dayfree wifisyntagma squaremetro stationtop floorcleaning staffmini barrestaurants and barssuperior roommain attractionsvisit athenscentral athensyogurt
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We stayed here for three nights as part of an Insight Tours tour. This is a four or five star hotel. The lobby is huge and very modern. Our room was nice, albeit the bathroom somewhat small. The toilet was located behind the door, and the only thing that kept the door from hitting it was a floor stop. Also, the step-up into the tub/shower was exceptionally high. We encountered the same bathroom design at our hotel in Istanbul. I did not like the breakfast buffet included with the room. I thought the "hot" food was always cold or, at best, lukewarm. The location is not exactly close to the city center but within walking distance, and you can always take a cab. We thought the cab fares quite reasonable. You do need to walk across the street to pick up the cab. You will be charged more if it comes to the hotel door. Also, check that the meter starts out fresh without previous charges on it. I caught this "mistake" one time.

We also made the mistake of having two cokes in the lobby restaurant--12 euros for two eight ounce cokes. We didn't do that again. There are, however, some good reasonable restaurants very close to the hotel. Go out the front doors, turn left and then left again at the first street and you will encounter three restaurants on your left with tables also across the sidewalk. The food was delicious and the people who work in the restaurants very nice. There is also a small grocery store on this same street where you can buy water, soft drinks, etc. at reasonable prices.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank GrandmaAudrey
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We stayed 4 days that was 3 days too long. No tea or coffee in the rooms. Very hard beds. Room smelt of cigarettes. Not a bad hotel just not a place I would have liked to stay for a long time. As the rooms are small I should have insisted on an upgrade

Room Tip: Ask to be upgraded if possible to a suite as rooms are small
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I recently stayed here at the end of an Insight Vacations tour. I was upgraded to the 5th floor and the room was lovely with tea/coffee making and included robes, slippers and the all important iron/ironing board. Bliss after none of these for most of our tour! The pool on the roof was fantastic and had views over the city. No free wifi was a negative but all the restaurants around the corner had it. Nice eateries in the area and a safe place to stay. Walking distance to the Metro and about 20-30 min walk into the main square. Get a taxi from across the road rather than the hotel front as they charge more from the hotel. Would stay there again :)

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank donnazart
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Your usual hotel in a central location but with dated rooms and nothing else worth mentioning except the pool which has a nice view of the city. With its meeting and banquet facilities, this hotel caters to business travelers and conferences so big crowds in the lobby or entrance can be a common sight.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Y880
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights on a business trip in a standard room on the 5th floor and very much enjoyed my stay. The hotel services and staff very professional and 4.5 star quality. My bathroom was very modern - room very clean and bed super comfortable. Wifi Internet was free and worked well (a big plus because the Hilton charges €12-14/day). The roof pool is very relaxing..a bit small, but I was able to relax some time up there. They don't have much up there except a little bar, but the view of the acropolis and athens is fantastic. The last day i was there, they were doing construction on my floor and it was a bit disruptive in the morning, but the front desk offered me another room even though I was checking out in a few hours, which I thought was a nice gesture. They also let me check out late with no problem and I was able to work from the room until 2pm as I needed. Room service arrived super quickly.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Travelhappytravel
DivanisCollection, General Manager at Divani Caravel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2013

Dear Guest

First of all we would like to thank you for your positive feedback

all your comments have been shared with my team and are highly appreciated

We are looking forward to welcome you again in our hotel