Crowne Plaza Hotel - Athens City Centre
$343
$269
Agoda.com
  • Pool
All reviewsclub roomihg hotelsholiday innmegaro moussikis metro stationnice hotelsmall poolbusiness tripblue linerooftop poolfresh orange juicemetro stopsyntagma squaremini barbreakfast buffetpleasant stayshower headtwo blocks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We stayed in the hotel for three nights. Would not recommend it to friends. The hotel staff is correct but not warm or welcoming. The neighborhood is run down and the bathrooms needed better cleaning. All in all not value for money.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the main street would be better.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel - Athens City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Dear Anjana B,

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us. I am deeply sorry we fell below your expectations. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. I appreciate you for bringing this into our attention as the feedback we receive from our guests like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to improve our guest services.

Krysllin G.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Stayed at the Crowne Plaza while visiting relatives. The location is OK, on a busy road near the centre. Overall, the hotel is in decent shape. Room itself was fine, but heavily carpeted which meant in got pretty hot and needs strong a/c the whole time. There is a small business centre with internet connections, otherwise wi-fi is paid for. Breakfast is fine - standard buffet style. Service I found to be good - trying to say please and thank you in Greek works wonders all over the country. Pool is very small, but the roof terrace is nice. Near a metro so can get there easily from airport.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel - Athens City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2013

Dear PaulfromLondon1960,

Thank you for writing a review about your stay with us. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are the best they can be. We strive to provide superior accommodations to each of our guests. Unfortunately it looks like we fell below your expectations and our own goals. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Adrian D

Reviewed May 30, 2013

We were very happy with the hotel, it is clean and modern. However on the first night the bathroom flooded and when I spoke to reception there was no apology or even empathy, she curtly said she would send a technician although she did not believe it was particularly bad. I went up to the room, no technician and water coming up through the drain system in the floor, I went back downstairs with the sodden towels and clothing when I was told that the technician was in the room. It is clear the drainage system cannot cope when the hotel was full. I asked to move rooms and was told the best they could offer was a room in their sister hotel, it was 10 pm and the hotel was three streets away. I was not happy with this and was offered a room for the "handicapped" which I would have been fine with however it only had a single bed. She then told me the room was fine even though I had pictures of the flooding and I had made it up, my report was not the same as the technicians. Eventually after much debate we were moved to a suite which was excellent. This is the poorest level of service I have experienced for a long time, I appreciate there are difficulties when the hotel is busy but no apology or even acknowledgement there was a problem was not good enough. Very disappointing

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel - Athens City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Dear bcha187045,

Thank you for your stay with us and for leaving a review. We regret to see your experience not being up to the standards of our hotel or to your expectations. It's unfortunate for any traveler to have hiccups during what should be a relaxing time and we truly thank you for bringing this to our attention. We were pleased to see that you were moved into accommodations that were more acceptable. We were also pleased with the high scores for Cleanliness and Value. We take each of our guest reviews very seriously as they enable us to see where we may need to make adjustments or improvements. Rest assured these matters will be taken up with our staff.

We thank you again for your candid feedback of your stay. We hope to have the pleasure of serving you again so that we may show you the level of service that we are proud of and that you expect.

Adrian D.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

I have recently stayed in the Crowne Plaza Hotel, in Athens City Centre. The rooms are very nicely kept with modern furniture, though a tad on the small side -- also has elegant bathrooms, and a lovely coffee station.

However, I am writing this review because of the poor and humiliating service I received from the front desk staff. They nickel and dime you for wifi (about 10 euro/day), but offer a free business center with 30 min of internet access -- fair enough. I ask for an access code with my sister to go use the 2 computers downstairs. I quickly check my phone for offline notes I have taken to look up our day trip to Meteora, and then end up looking up the details on the trip on the same computer as my sister. I come down about 3 hours later to check my email (neither time did we occupy the room for greater than 15 min, nor was anyone waiting for a computer)... and the same front desk person literally SCOLDS me for "using the wifi on my phone instead of in the computer center"... first of all.. if I was going to use it on my phone, why would i be sitting at the computer center?!!? and second, even if i was, under NO circumstances do you YELL at a customer, unprovoked, who is affecting no one else's experience, ESPECIALLY in front of other patrons waiting at the front desk. It was awkward, and embarassing, and it wasn't until she said "DON'T USE YOUR MOBILE PHONE" that i even put together why she was yelling at me. Have never experienced a reprimand at a hotel before, and would hesitate to recommend this hotel to other guests.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank rani787
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel - Athens City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Dear rani787,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding cleanliness.

However, We’re sorry you received poor customer service from our staff which was unacceptable. We will address this point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

The location of the hotel is good. It is about 2 blocks from metro station and 5 to 10 minutes to restaurants. The room was comfortable and breakfast was good. In contrast to some review comments, we did not find the staff very friendly or helpful. They do answer your questions, but do not volunteer much information. Comparing to the warm hospitality we constantly received during the trip, even from locals on the street, the staff attitude in this hotel was below Greek standard.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel - Athens City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Dear DodoHongKong,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with the level of service, facilities and the location of the hotel. However, I would like to apologize for the dissatisfaction you had experienced. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to improve and continually provide the best experience possible. Thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Janice A