“Very nice hotel”
Review of Airotel Alexandros

Airotel Alexandros
Ranked #78 of 282 Hotels in Athens
Reviewed May 20, 2012

Good hotel with excellent staff, good service, peaceful and good location is all you need to have after whole day wondering around Athens. Rooms are not big, but clean and comfortable with the Internet access and cafe machine, cleaned every day. Breakfast was great, and if you decide to have dinner in the hotel you will be surprised with nice meal with more then reasonable price. Staff is kind, very pleasant and willing to give a friendly hand in any situation.
When I come again to beautiful Athens, my choice shall certainly be this hotel. All recommendations.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed March 27, 2012

Hidden behind a picturesque little church, just meters away from the traffic of one of the busiest avenues of Athens, Hotel Alexandros combines effectively the good service, clean and friendly environment, tasty food and comfortable rooms with location. Just a short walk away from the metro station, the Athens Concert Hall, the American Embassy and some of Athens' most interesting museums (Benaki, Byzantine, etc) Hotel Alexandros is one of the best choices for a stay in Athens or even for a business lunch, or before/after the concert dinner.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 14, 2012

Very polite and helpful staff. Good location. The metro was only a 5 minute walk and from there it was easy to navigate the city. Very clean rooms and general environment. The beds were comfortable. The breakfast buffet was extensive and mostly delicious. Free internet was extremely slow. Tv set could be better and more channels

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 5, 2012

Stayed two nights. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Ate one dinner - was OK. Breakfast is OK as well.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 29, 2011

This was a different sort of trip for me , and the airotel Alexandros suited my needs perfectly. My daughter and I were traveling to Athens basically to see our friends, the West End Stars in concert, in Athens. Of course we wanted to see some other things too, but hearing them perform all four nights was our main attraction. I knew they were performing at the Badminton Theater, and I wanted a hotel that was not too far from the venue, and one that was in a safe area. I had read a lot of reviews about hotels that were in bad neighborhoods, and I knew we would be out at night in a strange country. I read many reviews, chose this hotel, and called them to have a cab meet me at the airport, as I knew we did not have much time to try pubic tranportation that first night. Our driver, Demetrius, was very friendly and he spoke good English. We asked if he could take us to the concert that night, and he said "No," but I have a brother."The brother took us, and while he did not speak English, he and Demetrius communicated with each other via mobile phones, so our needs were well met. Taking a cab all the time is very unusual for me, but I am at the place where I need new knees, and the Badminton is in the Olympic properties, and about a mile from the gate, after one has walked to the train, etc. Demetrius and Costas were reasonable, safe, and it was much easier to let them take us around. Demetrius offered to take us around to see the sights for 100 Euros, and I let him do it as I knew it would be all the knees could handle to get up to the Parthenon and down. That turned out to be a wise decision because we got to see so much more in less time. Yes, as many have said, the decor of the rooms looked like the 70's, though not worn, and the TV was old. I did not care about the TV, as I did not plan on watching any Greek television. We had books and movies on our ipads, but never had much time to watch them or read. The free wi-fi was a great plus. One did have to sign into it about every two hours, but that was fair enough. The bathroom was very nice, with great hot water and water pressure. We had a nice balcony that would have been lovely in the summer. At any time that we had any need, as we could not get our safe open, there was someone available to help us. Most all the staff spoke English. The included breakfast was wonderful, and eliminated the need for any lunch. There was quite a wide variety. We were actually there until Dec 26, so the lobby was decorated for Christmas, and every day we were there, the staff had a lovely plate of Greek Christmas cookies in the lobby for the guests. Many have mentioned the little church in front of the hotel. I thought that was a plus as it meant that the hotel owner had not torn the little church down when he built the hotel. I do think we were close enough to trains and buses, but I just did not choose to use them this time because of my knees, and the late hours we were out. Another lovely Christmas touch was the plate of Christmas cookies, wrapped in cellophane and tied up with gold ribbon given to guests on Christmas Eve to take back to their room. I did not include photos of our room as we had our belongings thrown about all the time, but I was not unhappy with the room. I thought this hotel was an excellent value for what we paid. We got a great rate through Orbitz, and I was very pleased. If I ever get back to Athens again, I will be happy to stay at the Airotel, Alexandros.

Room Tip: I read that the Junior suites were excellent, but noise wasn't a factor for me, and I heard very...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank robbinsroost
Reviewed November 26, 2011

Spent 4 nights at this hotel. Basic amenities and hidden in a side street. Staff ok and location fine for city sight seeing. Not very inspiring though....

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Paul1333
Reviewed November 26, 2011

I enjoyed my one whole day stay in Athens in a best located hotel, near 2 sttaions of Metro and one of bus-stop to Airport, but the room and the services -from my point of view- are not value for the room price and for a 4* Hotel. Not be there again.

Room Tip: Near 2 stations of Metro, near US Embassy, but too expensive for its services.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business