Electra Palace Athens
Kouros(Athens)
Athos Hotel(Athens)
  • Room Service
3,342 results
All reviewsrooftop poolgreat locationacropolis viewsyntagma squareelegant hotelstar hotelstandard roomwithin walking distancejunior suitebreakfast buffetfifth floorour honeymoonrestaurants and shopsmajor sitesside streetquiet streetan amazing view
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

Thanks to the staff at the Electra Palace who made the stay so great!
Corner room was fantastic and the unseasonal February weather allowed enjoyment of the sun on the balcony. The view of the Acropolis was sublime.
The location is perfect. Walking distance to about everything a tourist wants to get to quickly, Acropolis, Agora, etc. It's close to the Metro at Syntagma square as well.
The breakfast is so perfect to keep you fueled up for the day. Many choices and it does change slightly each day. Seriously will keep you sated for the entire day. Staff was sometimes brusque, but it was quite busy.
The "gym" is tiny. There is a treadmill and bicycle. One multistation weight machine and barbells. Not a place a get a full workout, bit certainly ok to stay toned. The indoor pool is nice and the outdoor pools were beautiful, but unfortunately they weren't open for the "winter."
Did the "Fine Dining" package and had dinner at their rooftop restaurant. Surprisingly delicious and staff were extremely informative and friendly. Extensive Greek wine list gave many options.
Staff were friendly and smiling.
Only glitch is that hot water in the shower would stop occasionally.
Would easily stay here again and recommend it to anyone who is going to Athens.

Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank calster
Reviewed February 8, 2014

I booked this hotel for one night as we were coming back to Athens from the Islands before flying back to London the following day.

I had originally booked a junior suite about 3 months in advance, but 2 days before I arrived I got an email saying the reservation had been cancelled. This was totally MY FAULT. I had given old credit card information by mistake. Due to this I had to call the reservations team to rebook (and they honoured the original room rate) and they were fantastic, very helpful, considering this was entirely my fault I was already really impressed.

When we checked in we were told we had been upgraded, but to be honest we were quite tired from the journey so we weren't really paying attention...

We arrived at the room and found out we'd been upgraded to the Presidential Suite! This had a reception foyer, guest bathroom, sitting/dining room, large bedroom with dressing area through to the main bathroom complete with a mini Turkish steam room! The real highlight was the huge terrace, complete with private swimming pool, sun loungers and outdoor sofas. We also had an uninterrupted view of the Acropolis, which was stunning at night.

Shortly after we'd arrived in the room, a member of staff slipped in to our room unnoticed (we were in the pool!) to leave a bottle of wine and a fruit platter.

In addition to the wonderful upgrade, the breakfast in the courtyard garden and all the staff were brilliant. Even without the upgrade the hotel was very plush and had a good outdoor pool and lounge areas.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank London20142014
Reviewed February 7, 2014

I would like to thank the family of the hotel on your dealings wonderful and sophisticated.

The location of the hotel a wonderful place quiet and beautiful and very clean and all the requirements are available and the price is very appropriate

We spent a nice honeymoon in this beautiful hotel.

thank you Electra Palace for every thing

Abduljabbar Al Kasabi
Saudi Arabia

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 5, 2014

I have stayed at the Electra Palace Hotel 4 times - twice in 1985 before the major renovation and twice 6 years ago, both trips where for about 10 days - and all I can say when next I travel to Athens , that's where I will stay. Perfect location, everything is within walking distance, you step out the hotel door and you are in the Plaka. Dining room excellent and all staff on all of my stays where outstanding and went out of their way to assist. As for the rooftop view, either during the day or night must be one of the best in Athens, whilst having a drink or a snack by the pool. I have recommended the Electra Palace to anyone I hear is going to Athens.

Room Tip: Try to avoid a room directly above the dining room, as it has tiles floor and you can hear the chairs being moved. If you can afford the difference, the corner suites are great, much roomier and excellent outlook.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 23, 2014

We stayed at the Electra Palace in December. The location can't be beat. It's easy walking distance to all antiquities, the Plaka and Syngtama Square. The hotel itself is in the grand hotel tradition so spacious lobby, elegant surroundings, nice bar and very good restaurant overlooking the parthenon. The rooms are spacious and comfortable; most have balconies. It is well worth it to ask for a room with an acropolis view. It is slightly more expensive but it is so fantastic to look out at the lit up acropolis at night from your room. We were fortunate to be upgraded to a two room suite with an acropolis view which was amazing -- our kids also had views from their rooms. On our return trip through Athens for one night we did not have a room with a view but it was still very comfortable. This hotel is much less expensive than the better known Grande Bretagne so if you are looking for a great location, nice rooms and a full range of amenities, hard to imagine better.

Room Tip: Acropolis view definitely!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family