Electra Hotel Athens
NJV Athens Plaza(Athens)
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
1,024 results
All reviewsermou streetsyntagma squaregreat locationsister hotelfresh orange juicewalking distanceparliament buildingopen the windowsingle roomcentral locationshopping districtmetro stationbreakfast was excellentair conditioningvery nice hotelhistorical siteshop on hop off bus
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I stayed at the Electra Hotel for a total of 3 nights-1 night before I embarked on a four-day tour and 2 nights after the tour. The first night I was in a quiet room; however the air conditioning was inadequate. During the first of the other 2 nights, there were people outside of my room making noise until 3 AM. The last night I finally had peace and was able to sleep. The rooms are well-kept, but small. The hotel us close to Syntagma Square and subway lines to important sites and to the airport.

Room Tip: Pay for the larger rooms and request a floor without partyers, as this seems to be tolerated at this hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

Electra Hotel is in a great location, right in Ermou St. The service, atmosphere and rooms are of high quality. We stayed here 3 times during our stay in Greece in 2012. The staff are excellent, very polite and always there to assist you. Highly recommend this athens hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Krisanton
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Location ideal, as close to Metro station with direct line to airport. Check-in took ages and then no room was available so I had to wait for about 20 minutes and then, on getting to room, the cleaners were still there. At least my room on 9th floor was clean (my colleague found an enormous cockroach in hers - apparently the higher the room the lower the chances of sharing with coackroaches) and had a splendid view of the Acropolis and was quiet. The hotel seemed very busy and so chose breakfast in my room and ate out both nights. Coffee for breakfast was tepid - good idea to take a travel kettle. Only one plug socket, so good idea to take an extension lead (and converter plug). Wi-fi only free on ground floor but 15 euros for 2 days gave good wi-fi in room.

Room Tip: 901 is a single with a good view of the Acropolis and was quiet, although fairly small - but quite adequate.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Comfortable, clean room. Great customer service from the concierge - I had several questions while I was there (e.g. finding the nearest pharmacy) and they were very accommodating. Location is pretty convenient - close to several shops, restaurants, subway station and a 15/20 min walk to the Acropolis. Nice downstairs cafe that's modestly priced. And one of the best complementary breakfast's I've ever had at a hotel. Would definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 11, 2012

We stayed in Electra Hotel for 2 nights after a tour across Greek islands.

Hotel is very well located, right at the beginning of Ermour Street (one of the main shopping street of Athens) and close to Syntagma Square, so it's perfect to move around: there is a metro station at 200 meters and Plaka/Monastiraky are at walking distance.

We staid in a room on the 7th floor, very quite as it was high enough not to hear street noise, but not under the roof (in August it can get very hot, and Air conditioning system on the roof can be extremely annoying). Window looked on an other building... let's say that view was pretty terrible (bad building and terrible ground between buildings), but who cares.

Rooms: bathroom was ok, not as small as some people say (probably not all roms are the same, although I did not pay for a premium room). Bed and room also were very good, in line with average business hotels. Nothing special but not bad. Room was clean and in good conditions.

Service: debatable... reception assistant was very kind giving advices on where to go and what to see... but for example he told me to ask the morning after at the reception to be taken on the roof to take photos... when I asked I was threated like a stupid with staff telling me badly that guests are not allowed to go there, not caring about the fact that it was someone in the staff that asked me wheter I would have liked to go there, selling this favor like something dedicated to special guests...

THE BAD:
1) breakfast... 15 EUROS (??!!) for just a standard buffet breakfast, with people coming to me different times remembering me that it was not included in the room fee... giving me the bill while I was eating... and they wanted the money immediately while in every hotel you pay these things when you check out. It was annoyging, very annoying... and on top they made me waiting at the bar for 30 minutes since their card-reader did not work. Were they afraid that I wanted to run away without paying the breakfast ????
2) wifi: it's free just in the hall (crowded of people with their pcs and ipads). if you want to use wifi connection in the room it's extremely expensive

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple