I found these reviews very helpful in planning my trip to Greece, so I feel obligated to pay forward and add my own input regarding my stay.
• Gorgeous lobby
• Very helpful staff
• Full American breakfast buffet
• Good location, near the Acropolis and Acropolis Museum
• Our room had a good view of the Acropolis (we requested this view)
• The room that we got was very small...but if you’re in Greece and staying in your hotel room, you’re doing it wrong...
• The room had 2 twin beds, even though we requested a double...so we spent a night sleeping in a 50’s sitcom. I understand that this is not unusual for Greece, possibly due to the difficulty of getting a full size bed into these teeny rooms, but still. It was the only hotel we stayed at in Greece that did this.
Overall I would recommend the Heriodion. The price was not out of keeping for the area. We stayed at the Herodion for one night after flying in to Athens. Our itinerary had us leaving the next day, and I don’t know that I would have stayed at this location for any longer than we did.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- FAMILY HOSPITALITY AMID MONUMENTAL VIEWS Hotel HERODION, a superior first class hotel , the only with sweeping views of both the Acropolis and the acclaimed New Acropolis Museum, distanced only a few meters from its south entrance. Right in the heart of the upscale Acropolis residential neighborhood, part of the pedestrian walk unifying the most important archaeological sites, it is also near to the Plaka and Thissio districts as well as to the trendy areas of Gazi and Kerameikos. Framed by a museum-quality modern sculpture at the entrance, it is a superior, first class hotel with elegant contemporary look, classic in character and discreet in artistic touch, it is strategically located close to the metro station connecting to both the international airport and Piraeus port a gateway to the Greek Isles, two stops away from the city centre Guests of the HERODION Hotel enjoy a host of modern living amenities. The service is attentive and the 90 guest rooms are tastefully appointed, some with a spectacular view to the Acropolis. From rooftop lounges rich in sunbathing facilities, outdoor Jacuzzis and a unique outdoor bar and restaurant with breathtaking views, to the winter garden atrium and spacious dining areas – it’s easy to sit back and take it in all the surrounding beauty and history – well-equipped for executives and vacationers alike. POINT α , our roof top Bar-restaurant is a breathtaking experience. It is the closest you can get to viewing the Acropolis and the New Acropolis Museum. Serving Greek/ Mediterranean Contemporary cuisine with a summer brisk, drinks and cocktails prepared by our professional bartender, is open from May to Oct, 19:00 to 00:00/ [option of private dining] ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets and Agoda so you can book your Herodion Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Herodion Hotel Athens