“Friendly, convienent, affordable, clean, value for $”

Best Western Museum Hotel
Ranked #62 of 326 Hotels in Athens
tjackroselea
“Friendly, convienent, affordable, clean, value for $”
Reviewed August 30, 2009

The staff was excellent gave lots of information not on brochures. The breakfast was fantastic and included in the price of the room which not realizing it until then is a big bonus for the hotel and our pocket book. Not far from underground transportation that brings you to all the sights you want to see. If you are looking for a budget hotel that is clean and friendly then this is the place to stay.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Ohio, USA
Reviewed August 6, 2009

I want to send my deepest thanks for our nine night stay at your hotel. I can't praise this hotel and its staff enough. When my travel partner said pick anywhere in the world you want to go and I'll go, I ultimately decided on the birthplace of many events. We chose your hotel because it was a piece of home set in the most ancient of surroundings, without being too close to the city. To our delight we chose the right hotel.
Let me be more specific: the breakfast was well catered and looked after by the staff no matter what time travelers decided to wake, the front desk was super friendly and very insightful with maps/directions, the rooms were always clean with fresh towels, and no matter how demanding I was during my stay everything was taken care of by the front desk. When I asked for a fork, one was brought to me and when I was hungry at 4 o'clock when my travel partner wanted a late dinner, I was given an apple even when the kitchen was closed. I found these requests met with charm and service not found in other hotels. I especially appreciated George and Vasilis for their duty and work professionalism. Furthermore, Vasilis helped us confirm a hotel when we visited Santorini which was great peace of mind. And George, especially, is the best kept secret at your hotel, never missing a beat and utterly repeating himself to two Americans who knew where nothing was. On top of all the service, I felt very safe with the officers outside the hotel especially when I would run early in the morning. Having a park nearby was also a plus.
I have and will continue to tell friends and family about your hotel. My parents are going to Italy soon and wish to visit Greece, of which, I'm sure they will stay at your hotel.
Thanks again for such a wonderful and peaceful stay in such a busy city. We love Greece!!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
Michigan
Reviewed August 6, 2009

Hotel is in a residential area. Make sure to follow the directions from the hotel to get there. If the Metro line is running from the airport, use it. Also the trolley looks like a bus that is attached to cables. Don't take the tram which looks a little like a bullet train. The free internet was nice. The breakfast was fine. The room was clean. The shower was small even for small people. Staff was polite. The Metro is about a 10 minute walk away.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Austin, Tx
Reviewed July 22, 2009

In a city, hotels tend to be small and simple. This is no exception. The rooms are clean, breakfast was fine, staff was friendly. They have computers on site to use, which is nice if you need to make last minute plans.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed July 21, 2009

Room was spacious for 3, very clean From time to time you could hear other guests from the next room.

Breakfast was basic, so we had to eat the same food for 2 weeks.
Distant to the metro system was far, 20 minutes walk and along the way, there are some drug addicts or sex workers. Not safe for kids.

The hotel itself is good but location wise is bad.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Mollycoddled
Trondheim, Norway
Reviewed June 29, 2009

I have stayed in this hotel many times during the last 4 years during trips to Athens. Great service, convenient location, decent breakfast for a 3 star hotel, and free internet. Friendly staff.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed June 15, 2009

My husband and I, along with my brother and his wife, had a most enjoyable stay at this hotel from May 4 to 8. Because we were members of CAA we got a nice discout when we made the reservations on the Internet.

About those Internet reservations, make sure that you got the correct hotel name because there are 3 hotels under the same management and you can easily reserve for Zinon thinking that you got Museum. Because what is you see as pictures (or was like that in April when we made the reservations) are the Museum ones under Zinon name. Any way, we were lucky, because begining May the hotels were empty and we were able to correct our mistake and get two rooms into the lovely Museum, not without the help of all personnel of Best Western and the Manager. For what we are greately in debt!

Our stay was between the manifestations in Athens this spring, and the police was stationned near the hotel. But this was to our advantage because they were very friendly and helped us with the parking each evening. Otherwise, parking the car is a problem, the hotel does not have a private parking.

But what is most important for the hotel: the clean and nicely arranged rooms, the full equipped bathroom with hair blower and close-up mirror. We also used the free safe located in the room to keep the pasports and the extra money. You get also free wireless Internet in all rooms. So bring your iPod, laptop or smartphone.

The location of the hotel is behind the Museum of Archeology, a must when visiting Athens, what with the Agamemnon Thesaurus and the marvelous kuroii statues.

For those willing, there is a public bus station of the left side of the museum, where you can, for 5euros/person, go on the tour in Athens. You can get down at any important site during the tour, visit the site, go back to the bus station and continue the tour with the next bus. The ticket is good for 24 hours, so if you get on the 12 am bus, you can use the ticket next morning to finish the visit.

For those willing to walk, you have the Academia, the University and the Museum Schliman at 15 min distance.

The buffet at breakfast is more that the average, but you can go for all meals to a street near by for any kind of restaurant, cafee shop, desert shop, all with terasse and a marvelous ambiance. Just ask the hotel receptionist and he will be only happy to direct you.

The hotel also has a nice waiting area, with quiet tables and chairs were you can seat and plan the next trip with your friends and familly, while drinking orange jus or a coffee.

All in all, you cannot have a better quality/cost ratio than staying at Best Westen Museum while you are in Athens. ENJOY!

Tatiana and family