“Fantastic Gastronomical Journey”

Oroscopo
Ranked #8 of 2,444 Restaurants in Athens
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Specialized in Modern Greek, Pizza & Pasta, tastes, at all times with the freshest ingredients being used and the passion for food in a combination with the wine list full by a variety of Greek labels, Oroscopo Restaurant can satisfy even the most demanding customer.
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I visited Oroscopo again on my latset trip to Athens and everything was outstanding. New menu, great food and their amazing leek potato soup as an appatizer (free!) was the best i've ever tasted. I had the unique Oroscopo salad, zucchini-ball appetizer and a perfectly grilled salmon steak that was to die for. It does not get better than this. The waiters are gracious and the owner is a prince. He is charming, courteous and very generous. The music was great and set the mood for a WONDERFUL evening. The only place to go when visiting Athens.DK, & TM

1  Thank Tee_Emm7691
Write a ReviewReviews (1,719)

Reviewed February 28, 2013

I went Oroscopo based on reviews on Trip Advisor and I found the place below what I expected.
The place, staff and overall ambience are all good, but when it came to food it was average. I had a mushroom soup (I'm a big fan of it and I have it everywhere I go and find it) and it was really "meh!". I then ordered a seafood risotto which was fine. The salad was just another Greek salad... nothing special.
Finally, it's a bit pricy to when you normally get in Athens and their menu was rich with different items.

2  Thank aalfar
Reviewed February 23, 2013

We only had a quickly early dinner so I can’t judge very extensively, apart from the previous Tripadvisor comments being pretty in line with what we experienced.

Oroscopo is a nice modern place with affordable price and friendly service. Definitively not a fast food joint, but not particularly upscale or traditional either. So if you are looking for that One Special Memorable Greek Dinner in Athens, this may not be the one.

But, if you stay in Hilton, and want to balance your budget and eat well, Oroscopo is a safe choice, as it is only like 200-300 meters away.

Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

Excellent food and service. Even got a free starter and a freshing digestive. ( not the biscuit lond ). Beer glasses were frozen keeping the beer cold

Reviewed February 20, 2013

This place was a pleasant surprise. I had not read the reviews carefully so I was expecting just another gyros and souvlaki place. Ha! Oroscopo is a classy place, with table cloths and excellent food. The only thing that didn't wow me was the saganaki but that's because I'm not a huge lover of fried cheese. They brought us olive tapenade and potato leek soup with salmon to start, on the house. Both were delicious. I had grilled octopus and my wife had a spinach and feta crepe. Dessert was also on the house. The food was fantastic, service impeccable, and the music eclectic and cool. Best meal in Greece for me!

2  Thank DTripper1