“John's Taxi Service- Can't go wrong for transfers or tours”
Review of JG Athens Tours

JG Athens Tours
Ranked #6 of 203 Transportation in Athens
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer Athens private sightseeing tours, Athens (Piraeus) private shore excursions, Full Day & Multi Days Tours all over Greece mainland (i.e. Ancient Corinthos, Mycenae, Nafplio, Mystras, Ancient Olympia, Delphi, Meteora Monasteries, etc), transfers from/to all major airport and seaports, business transporation. All of our activities are private ones. All tours' itineraries are flexible in accordance to client's needs. Our fleet consist of new Mercedes Benz cars (4 seater sedan, Mini Van, Mini Bus). All of our drivers are professionals english speaking.
Reviewed July 23, 2013

From the moment I contacted John after reading the reviews here I felt he knew what we needed and a fair price to charge. Our group of six were met immediately after picking up our bags upon our arrival in Athens. Our driver loaded the van and made us comfortable for our drive to the Marriott. He made sure our bags were unloaded and in the hands of the valet before collecting the fee.

On Sunday, we booked a day trip to Delphi with John. His driver Stavos was right on time at the hotel. His comfortable van and wonderful banter, as well as his ancient and current history lessons made the long drive north a delight. His side trips to two other ruins sites before Delphi were an excellent introduction to the area. And Delphi was wonderful! Well worth the drive.

Finally it was time to leave for our cruise and our driver was there to pick us up...along with a Greek TV crew! They wanted to interview us about our visit to Athens and the driver comped our trip for our "trouble" What a wonderful time we had.

If a visit to Athens is in your future consider John's Taxi service for both Transfers and Delphi Tours.

Johnsyellowcab, Owner at JG Athens Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Dear Tracy B,
thank you very much for posting this wonderfull review. We are happy that you spent great time during your stay here and remained fully satisfied while using our services. We are looking forward to welcome you again in the near future. Kind Regards, John

All reviews
in 12 reviews
"airport transfer"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed July 21, 2013

very well organized; real time reactivity in case of programm change ; knows every answers to your questions !

Johnsyellowcab, Owner at JG Athens Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Dear thillaye,
thank you very much for taking the time and post this nice review. We are glad that your remained satisfied while using our services. We remain at your disposal at your next visit in our lovely country. Regards, John

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Four of us on a cruise booked John for an all-day tour of Athens. John personally picked us up at the cruise port and took us to see the many sites of this wondrous city. Due to some confusion disembarking by Celebrity Cruises, we had to slightly alter our itinerary but John made several suggestions and away we went. We saw the Acropolis, Parthenon, Plaka, and many, many other sights too numerous to mention. John took us for lunch at a local's restaurant and we had a delicious meal for about 5E per person.

After lunch we drove to Temple of Poseidon, just a wonderful scenic ride which ended at the amazing Cape de Souion where the Temple is. Since it was late in the day, most of the day trippers have left already and we were nearly left all alone to contemplate this amazing structure. We got back to the ship in plenty of time, exhausted, but completely satisfied.
John emailed me the next day and told me he had found a camera battery and tripod accessory while he was cleaning his car that had obviously fallen out of my bag. He asked for my address and when I got home from my trip, my package was waiting for me.

Thank you John for a wonderful day and for going the extra mile

Johnsyellowcab, Owner at JG Athens Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2013

Dear Cubella59,
thank you vety much for posting such a nice but also generous review. I am happy knowing that you remained fully satisfied from your tour. Please note that it was also for me a great pleasure being with you. I am looking forward to welcome you again in the future. Yours, John

Reviewed July 18, 2013

we were very fortunate to have Michael as our tour guide, he patiently waited at the airport while I had to report my lost luggage...luckily the airline delivered it the next day. he was extremely knowledgeable about Athens and his love for his country and its history was evident. he took us to places where you won't normally go with a big tour group and that was very special. we will definitely recommend John's yellow taxis to anyone that asks.

Dear krause_w,
thank you very much for your nice post. I and Michael are very happy for spending very good time while using our services for your sightseeing tour. Looking forward to meeting you again. Best Regards, John

See more reviews
Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

Incredible experience! We had Marcos as a guide and he was phenomenal! He took us to the places that the other tour groups would not be at. We beat every crowd. He listened to what was important to us and took us around based in our desires. He continued to offer us water after our walk in the hot Greek sun. He took us to the best Greek restaurant and even sat and are lunch with us. I have never met a more knowledgable and kind tour guide. Hire this company. You will not be disappointed!

Dear Travel77Junkie,
thank you very much for posting this wonderful review. I and Marcos are glad that we met your expectations while using our services for your Athens Sightseeing Tour. Kind Regards, John