“A dinner that arouses your senses!!”
Review of Funky Gourmet

Funky Gourmet
Ranked #6 of 2,476 Restaurants in Athens
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Excellent presentation (out of this world so be prepared to read between the lines of the menu!! What you read is not what you get!!). Excellent taste, excellent service, Very creative cuisine full of passion for cooking! A unique experience!

2  Thank irene e
Write a ReviewReviews (1,046)

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Had a meal there on 24th of Jan 2013.....went for the 18 course menu with wine paring, and must say that the experience was outstanding!!! every dish was fun, extremely clever and the depth of flavour in each dish was breathtaking!!! the wine paring was superb and complimented each stage perfectly! if theres 1 restaurant in athens to eat in this is it!! the staff are all very knowledgeable and very helpful..... a great restaurant that surly has a great future and more stars ahead!!!!!

10  Thank Brendan88-24
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Funky Gourmet is simply a great restaurant... one of the best I've been to in Europe. All the dishes I had were absolutely exquisite. Very refined flavours coming into perfect balance in every dish. Whatever you do, don't miss out on the Funky burger, it's out of this world. But then I have never had better crayfish... so juicy, cooked to absolute perfection. Aside from the incredible flavours, this is a restaurant where it feels like attention is paid to every detail. The beautiful artwork on the walls, the lighting, the music...everything works together to create for the customer an experience of very high aesthetics.

The staff are very well trained... they explain the dishes professionally and thoroughly but in a charming, playful manner and they cater to the customer without being overbearing. A detail worth mentioning that shows the restaurant's approach to the customer is that I asked the waitress the name of the song that was being played and she said she was sorry but she didn’t know... a little while later and despite the fact that the restaurant was full and the staff were obviously busy, she found the time to come back with the details…all nicely written down on a Funky Gourmet card. I must say I was very pleased. "How very thoughtful" was my immediate reaction.

Funky Gourmet is an incredible culinary experience, definitely in the 2-star Michelin category when compared to other restaurants of this calibre that I’ve been to in Europe. Don't miss out!

6  Thank Toniliv
Reviewed January 19, 2013

It's an experience. Unexpected Food Creations, Excellent staff, Minimal atmoshpere. You definitely have to try the deserts (all of them if possible). Full-loaded wine list. Everything comes at a price. Two thumbs up.

2  Thank Thanos S
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I went there for the first time in midDecember 2012 after all those raving reviews and accolades and I was absolutely thrilled! The menu was so innovative and tasty, omg! Since I would spend holidays in Athens, I immediately booked both Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve! The festive set menu for those dates was a pure bliss, and was completely different from the two-degustation menus that they had during my first visit! Only two courses such as the famous Funky Gourmet Burger as well as the Greek salad (so funny and tasty) were the same, since -as the very polite waitress explained to us- those are the two signature dishes of the restaurant that are always on the menu.

On Christmas Eve, I also got to talk with the lovely hostess/manager, to whom I told that my fiancé’s birthday was on the 31st of December and then on our New Year's Eve visit, his menu had a personal wish on it, writing ‘Happy Birthday’! I found it so sweet and thoughtful, a real grand gesture!
What I really enjoyed was how well organized was the countdown and the happening on New Year’s Eve! Also, on both nights, together with the bill they gave to all guests silver 'gouri' as it is called in Greek for good luck!

Funky Gourmet is definitely one of the best restaurants I have ever eaten in any country, it is rather an experience and I really believe they deserve to get a second Michelin star very soon. It is my impression that Athens is becoming quickly a culinary destination with Funky Gourmet, Spondi and Milos being places all worth a visit.

9  Thank afoodlover68