“AGAIN! One of the very best meals, ANYWHERE!”
Review of Vezene

Vezene
Reserve with OpenTable
Vezene is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #111 of 2,476 Restaurants in Athens
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Vezene is a Greek Inspired bistro cooking primarily with wood fire grills and ovens. It is located opposite the Hilton Hotel and Madrid Park with views to Lycabetus hill, very close to the Ilissia Gardens. The menu focuses on dry aged meat and local sustainable seafood.
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We at last night once again at Vezene and it never disappoints! In fact, last night was the best ever and it is abundantly clear that just when you thought it could not get any better, it DOES! It is easy to understand why Chef Aris Vezene is one the best in Europe and his latest creations are outstanding!!

We started with the thinly cut salami, chorizo and proscuitto, a truffle pizza and gnocchi (one of the best dishes anywhere) and several of the shrimp appetizers that has the most incredible flavor imaginable and while my descriptions may seem extreme, believe it when I say that they are understated compared to reality!

The starters were complimented by the mains which consisted of MORE gnocchi, Youvetsi (an incredibly tasty pork and risottto dish and tuna tartare. While we would normally have "Ari's deal closer" for dessert, there simply was not enough room for the 1 FOOT high creation of ice cream, chocolate and cookies so we instead opted for a few pieces of key lime pie, which was just like the world famous "Joe's Stone Crabs" in Miami!

Bravo RE ARI!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have convinced me yet again that every award you have won is well deserved and you really have created one of the very best restaurants anywhere on this planet!!

1  Thank jbrown2665
Vezene, Υπεύθυνος Σχέσεων με Πελάτες at Vezene, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2015

Thank you so much for this beautiful feedback and I'm really sorry for the late response! I hope to see you again at my restaurant on your next trip to Athens.
On behalf of
Ari Vezene
chef patron Vezene

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Food was very good as expected. The service was pretty quick for Greek standards. The restaurant itself doubled as a bar and when we were there it was full of cigarette smoke. It was a bit pricier than most restaurants as well. I highly recommend the lamb pie, which is really like a pizza with goat cheese etc.

Please accept our apologies for the late response. Thank you for visiting our restaurant! We are glad you had a nice experience.
Just to clarify one thing: Vezené is an exclusively smoke-free restaurant.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

We visited the restaurant after a couple friends reccomended it.

Indeed it was worth the visit. The ambience was great, well lit and the outside patio is very pleasant to sit. We sat inside, in the non smoking section-the fact that people smoke outisde and the smoke comes inside (doors were wide open) is a usual phenomenon in athens.

We had a snow pea salad and a pizza to share as starters amongst two persons. The salad was well prepared with a light asian flavour but was unique and the flavours combined harmoniously. The pizza was really good. Not much selection on toppings. We chose the prosciutto pizza which was prepared in a traditional italian way, where the cheese and tomato base is lightly used and the toppings are denser. The crust was really good too. I would have like to have seen some seafood/fish option for the pizza-prawn or salmon maybe. But there is a veggie option though.

My main was prawn risotto. Simply amazing. Al dente risotto, creamy with enough cheese and an amazing well rounded prawn taste. Will definitely go back for the risotto.

My brother has a sirloin steak which he liked a lot. It was cooked medium with vegetables and a espresso marinate. Very good quality meat and cooked perfectly.

One minor comment, I found the bread buns average, considering they have a wood fire oven and they can prepare amazing dough for the pizza-why not the bread... Spread that came with the bread was some butter but nothing special. Just a minor comment.

Overall I would go back. We paid €130 for two including a bottle of wine worth €22. Not cheap but well worth it.

Please accept our apologies for the late response. Thank you for visiting our restaurant! We are glad you had a good experience. We appreciate your feedback and are looking forward to seeing you on your next trip to Athens. We're sure you'll like our bread buns more than your did last time.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I invited my boyfriend for his birthday to Vezene in June. Many Greeck friends had refered to this place, so I had high expectations. We arrived in a nice setting and I ordered a glas of sparkling. The wine was corked and it was the only glitz of the evening and quickly taken care of by the very professional waiter who apologised saying: of course I should have tasted it.
Then the challenge began. What to choose? The fresh fish, shellfish and meat presented all looked great. We asked our waiter to help us and he was very professional on composing a menu to our taste. We ended on the raw shrimp to share as starter, then the Lobster linguini to share as second starter and finally the beef coocked saignant to share. He also suggested to included a wine recommendation by the glass for each course and that was a great success.
The shrimp were to die for, soft, fresh, smooth with the right amount of seasoning. The lobster was a slipper lobster, my favourite! Grilled to perfection with a fabulous sauce and - I must admit - the best most succulant pasta dish I have ever eaten. (So guess where I am taking my Dutch friend for her birthday on 5 July :-)). Then we rounded the main course with the skirt, which was very good as well. as I mentioned the wines were exquisite to the disches. Desert came on the house (nice but I am not a desert person, so leave for others to judge).
The service was perfect. I only needed to catch the waitors eye and nod to indicate the next wine could be served. What heaven of food and service!
So yes, this lived up to expectations and I will go back to reserve for 3 for my friends birthday here start July. And that will not be the last time to dine at Vezene!

Please accept our apologies for the late response. Thank you for visiting our restaurant! We are glad you had a memorable experience. We appreciate your feedback and are looking forward to seeing you in the near future.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

We went to the restaurant during our honeymoon stay in Athens. We didn't book the table and from the outside it seemed, that the restaurant was empty (at about 9 pm on Saturday) but the hostes told us they were fully booked for the night. Nevertheless the staff was very friendly and willing to help so they seated us at the large table, which was booked for 11 pm.
We ordered open-face lamb pie, which looks more like pizza - it was absolutely delicious and the meat was very tender and juicy. As main dishes we ordered grilled skirt para negra - which tasted as if it was not only grilled but also smoked - very interesting, and beef tartar - they serve it with parmesan and truffle oil and topped with caviar - I really enjoyed it. For dessert we shared lemon pie with lime sour cream which for me was the culmination of the dinner.
I would definitely recommend this restaurant for fine dinner!

1  Thank AnnieMore

Please accept our apologies for the late response. Thank you for visiting our restaurant! We are glad you had a memorable experience and for taking time to offer a review. We are looking forward to seeing you on your next trip to Athens.
Management