“very expensive restaurant”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Vezene

Vezene
Ranked #85 of 3,648 Restaurants in Athens
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Vezene is a Greek Inspired bistro cooking primarily with wood fire grills and ovens. It is located opposite the Hilton Hotel and Madrid Park with views to Lycabetus hill, very close to the Ilissia Gardens. The menu focuses on dry aged meat and local sustainable seafood.
athens
“very expensive restaurant”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

I leave in Athens and i like to eat often at nice restaurants. I had learn about vezene restaurant and i went with my friend to see how good is this restaurant. First of all, we tried two times to go because they did not have free table. When finally we went, we realized that it is not as good as we had heard. It is a very expensive restaurant, the space is narrow and the decoration it is not something special. Also, the food it is not so tasty as we were waiting after so many good things we have heard. Finally, the prices are to high and we are not go again.

• Visited June 2012
3 Thank avgerini g
Vezene, Υπεύθυνος Σχέσεων με Πελάτες at Vezene, responded to this review, February 13, 2015
Thank you for visiting our restaurant! We are sorry for the delay in answering your comment and also sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your evening with us.
As far as the prices are concerned, one has to keep in mind the quality of the raw materials, which are the best possible. Good materials cost more than those of average quality.
It is a small place, but that is a characteristic that makes our restaurant cozier, according to what many customers keep telling us. The ambiance follows a minimal philosophy. The focus is on leather, wood and steel, instead of an assortment of decoration objects.
We thank you for your feedback.
Management Team

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Larnaka City, Cyprus
“Second time here and loved it again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

We visited vezene for the second time and we promised ourselves that every time we are in Athens, we will always visit Vezene. You better reserve a table in advanve. The restaurant was packed and full of people but still the service and food the same amazing and fresh taste as always.

We wanted only one glass of wine and because we could not decide, the gave us 3 different wines to try out and choose the one we wanted. This is what I hospitality and good service is all about ! !

I recommend this restaurant to everyone!
I cannot understand some of the very negative comments I see about this restaurant...as I am quite eclectic myself.

Totally worths visiting vezene. It's a restaurant full of life and people meeting, talking, and eating really good food, made with imagination and love for cooking.

1 Thank Niaki_H
Vezene, Υπεύθυνος Σχέσεων με Πελάτες at Vezene, responded to this review, March 9, 2015
Accept our apologies for not replying sooner. Thank you for visiting our restaurant again! We are glad you had a memorable experience. We appreciate your feedback. We hope we see you again on your next trip to Athens.
Management
Espoo, Finland
“Intriguing upscale fusion bistro”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

Vezene is a difficult place to put a label on. That observation is in line with the impression of the menu, which is not an easy read. There’s a lot of pizza, but yet imported beef and Italian pasta dishes.

Don't let that confuse you, but let waitresses guide you. We went for Ox's cheek risotto and flat iron beefs (apparently somehow referring to how they were made) and they were simply excellent, prepared with passion for food.

Beware the truffle fries starter though. It's almost 1 kilogram of home made potato chips with truffle oil and a lot of parmesan. It’s excellent to share for, like 6 people, but easily an overkill before normal dinner.

Vezene is not cheap by Greek standards, but not trying to rip you off either for the quality. Starters are around 10 EUR, main dishes around 20 EUR. Beware that it is the drinks add up more than in other Athens places, though there is also some nice variety (instead of the yet another Mythos lager, try, for example, Septem Pale Ale beer)

So if you want a “classic” affordable Greek tavern, a better pick is Oroscopo, one block away. Or for I-don’t-care-what-it-costs dinner Hilton’s Galaxy is definitively less eccentric (though double the price).

But with an open mind, and the readiness to splurge modestly, you might really enjoy this place. Beware that you might need a reservation if you plan to come late (on the off-season regular Thursday night we visited it was fully booked after 9 pm, as it appeared to be popular with local trendy folks)

2 Thank jpzip
Vezene, Υπεύθυνος Σχέσεων με Πελάτες at Vezene, responded to this review, February 26, 2015
Please accept our apologies for the delay in our answer. Thank you for visiting our restaurant! We are glad you had an enjoyable experience. We appreciate your feedback. We hope we see you again on your next trip to Athens.
Manager
Athens, Greece
“One for my list of restaurants to revisit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

This is a relatively new restaurant, three years now, that I thoroughly enjoyed eating there the other night. It was packed but the service was outstanding. Personal, warm smiling and attentive. The food was very good and the atmosphere excellent. Prices in line with the quality.
Nothing to complain about

• Visited February 2013
Vezene, Υπεύθυνος Σχέσεων με Πελάτες at Vezene, responded to this review, March 11, 2015
Please accept our apologies for the late response. Thank you for visiting our restaurant! We are glad you had a pleasant experience. We also appreciate your feedback.
Manager
Giaveno, Italy
“an amazing spanish-italian-wagyu surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

What a wonderful dinner!
The environment:
The restaurant is cool [4/5] and the service is outstanding [5/5], the atmosphere is lovely[5/5].
I like the classic red berkel on display: I always wanted one of those red slicing machines! [5/5] as they are the best.

The dinner:
If you ask for Wagyu beef they will display you the selection of cuts: so you can choose the one appealing you more.
I had wagyu beef tartar [5/5], wagyu boneless ribs [5/5], one glass of Malbec red wine[4/5], and then three ice cream scoops (offered): cream [4/5], berries [5/5], chocolate [3/5, a little too dry on the mouth].

Looking at the menu:
it's a mix of spanish-italian-wagyu, an unusual but appealing mix.
I can't say anything about spanish selection as I've not tried anything (but pata negra is an excellent ham).
But, as I came from Piedmont (north west of Italy) and I know very well the food excellences in my area I will risk some consideration on the rest of the menu... I really appreciated the small selection of italian/piedmont cheeses like: testun, crutin and castelmagno... and I'm very fond also of the highest quality rice called "Aquerello" (if you want to buy it, usually it costs 3-5 times more than the standard rices because is aged for months with a particular process)

In my opinion Vezene is ONE OF THE BEST restaurant in Athens, but quality cames with price: don't expect to pay less than 50EUR.

2 Thank Andrea_Ravera
Vezene, Υπεύθυνος Σχέσεων με Πελάτες at Vezene, responded to this review, February 8, 2015
Please accept our apologies for not answering back sooner. Thank you for visiting our restaurant! We’re glad you had a good time and enjoyed the food. We appreciate your feedback and are looking forward to seeing you in your next trip to Athens.
Management