“an amazing spanish-italian-wagyu surprise”
Review of Vezene

Vezene
Reserve with OpenTable
Vezene is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #86 of 3,971 Restaurants in Athens
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Vezene is a Greek Inspired bistro cooking primarily with wood fire grills and ovens. It is located opposite the Hilton Hotel and Madrid Park with views to Lycabetus hill, very close to the Ilissia Gardens. The menu focuses on dry aged meat and local sustainable seafood.
Giaveno, Italy
“an amazing spanish-italian-wagyu surprise”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

What a wonderful dinner!
The environment:
The restaurant is cool [4/5] and the service is outstanding [5/5], the atmosphere is lovely[5/5].
I like the classic red berkel on display: I always wanted one of those red slicing machines! [5/5] as they are the best.

The dinner:
If you ask for Wagyu beef they will display you the selection of cuts: so you can choose the one appealing you more.
I had wagyu beef tartar [5/5], wagyu boneless ribs [5/5], one glass of Malbec red wine[4/5], and then three ice cream scoops (offered): cream [4/5], berries [5/5], chocolate [3/5, a little too dry on the mouth].

Looking at the menu:
it's a mix of spanish-italian-wagyu, an unusual but appealing mix.
I can't say anything about spanish selection as I've not tried anything (but pata negra is an excellent ham).
But, as I came from Piedmont (north west of Italy) and I know very well the food excellences in my area I will risk some consideration on the rest of the menu... I really appreciated the small selection of italian/piedmont cheeses like: testun, crutin and castelmagno... and I'm very fond also of the highest quality rice called "Aquerello" (if you want to buy it, usually it costs 3-5 times more than the standard rices because is aged for months with a particular process)

In my opinion Vezene is ONE OF THE BEST restaurant in Athens, but quality cames with price: don't expect to pay less than 50EUR.

2 Thank Andrea_Ravera
Vezene, Υπεύθυνος Σχέσεων με Πελάτες at Vezene, responded to this review, February 8, 2015
Please accept our apologies for not answering back sooner. Thank you for visiting our restaurant! We’re glad you had a good time and enjoyed the food. We appreciate your feedback and are looking forward to seeing you in your next trip to Athens.
Management

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Athens, Greece
“Perfect Dinner!”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

According to my opinion THE best restaurant in Athens. Food is always excellent with new things on the menu each time we go there. Everyhting you'll taste it's a delicious surprise. I've been there with family, friends, and for business. Service is friendly, responsive and discreet. It was great when it opened a year and half ago and it grew up to be Excellent... If you plan to visit make sure you make a reservation a few days in advance! If you drive there Vezene has an arrangement with Hilton Parking for only 5 euros for 3 hours, but request the parking voucher on your way out!!!

2 Thank George P
Vezene, Υπεύθυνος Σχέσεων με Πελάτες at Vezene, responded to this review, February 19, 2015
Please accept our apologies for the delay in our answering back. Thank you for visiting over and over again! We are glad we manage to offer you a pleasant experience each time.
Kind Regards,
Sevenoaks, Kent
“The truffle fries are addictive!”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

This excellent restaurant has a good, but not too wide, selection of bistro style food but beware, the truffle fries are delicious, the portion size huge, totally addictive and you will find it difficult to leave them alone so that you may be too full for one of the great main courses!

It is quite small, crowded, noisy, buzzing and very popular - so book a table and if you need to talk, go early before the main rush.

1 Thank Meatcruncher
Vezene, Υπεύθυνος Σχέσεων με Πελάτες at Vezene, responded to this review, March 2, 2015
Please accept our apologies for the delay in our answering back.
Thank you for visiting our restaurant! We are glad you had a pleasant experience. The menu has to be relatively small, in order for us to be able to have consistency in the ingredients as well as in the preparation of the dishes.
We appreciate your feedback and look forward to your next visit!
Gaithersburg, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Prices, Great Food, Cool Place”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I will add to all the reviews and say that this was a very nice place to grab an early dinner. The restaurant isn't huge, but the "outside" seating is a very cool looking glass enclosed extension of the main seating area (presumably it is actually open-air seating in the summer). In the winter it is also heated. The most striking part about the outside area is that you sit on a glass floor above a garden that is lit up in the evening.
I had a salad followed by quail risotto. Both were absolutely delicious although the risotto was too much for me to finish after eating all the yummy bread :)
Total with a glass of white wine was 44 Euros - not too bad.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Lockon
Vezene, Υπεύθυνος Σχέσεων με Πελάτες at Vezene, responded to this review, February 27, 2015
Please accept our apologies for the delay in our answering back. Thank you for visiting our restaurant! We are glad you had an enjoyable experience. We appreciate your feedback and we hope to see you soon.
Frankfurt
“More, more, more!”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I was not ready for this experience in the middle of the worst economic crisis that has hit Athens. I could tell you lovely things about the atmosphere, the service, the location, but what it all comes down to is the food. I honestly cannot remember the last time I ate such a collection of dishes up to this standard. Sure, the menu looked intriguing, and you might think ´why order chips for 16 Euros?´. But do not make such a mistake! My advice to you is try to go with friends and try to order as many different dishes as you can. Our experience of the night was that every new plate that arrived was our favorite, and the next one topped the previous...

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank travelsandeats
Vezene, Υπεύθυνος Σχέσεων με Πελάτες at Vezene, responded to this review, March 9, 2015
Please accept our apologies for not replying sooner. Thank you for visiting our restaurant! We appreciate your feedback.
We strive to obtain the best possible materials so as to offer a memorable experience to our clients.