“Perfect Dinner!”
Review of Vezene

Vezene
Reserve with OpenTable
Vezene is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #111 of 2,442 Restaurants in Athens
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Vezene is a Greek Inspired bistro cooking primarily with wood fire grills and ovens. It is located opposite the Hilton Hotel and Madrid Park with views to Lycabetus hill, very close to the Ilissia Gardens. The menu focuses on dry aged meat and local sustainable seafood.
Reviewed February 17, 2013

According to my opinion THE best restaurant in Athens. Food is always excellent with new things on the menu each time we go there. Everyhting you'll taste it's a delicious surprise. I've been there with family, friends, and for business. Service is friendly, responsive and discreet. It was great when it opened a year and half ago and it grew up to be Excellent... If you plan to visit make sure you make a reservation a few days in advance! If you drive there Vezene has an arrangement with Hilton Parking for only 5 euros for 3 hours, but request the parking voucher on your way out!!!

2  Thank George P
Vezene, Υπεύθυνος Σχέσεων με Πελάτες at Vezene, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2015

Please accept our apologies for the delay in our answering back. Thank you for visiting over and over again! We are glad we manage to offer you a pleasant experience each time.
Kind Regards,

Reviewed February 10, 2013

This excellent restaurant has a good, but not too wide, selection of bistro style food but beware, the truffle fries are delicious, the portion size huge, totally addictive and you will find it difficult to leave them alone so that you may be too full for one of the great main courses!

It is quite small, crowded, noisy, buzzing and very popular - so book a table and if you need to talk, go early before the main rush.

1  Thank Meatcruncher
Vezene, Υπεύθυνος Σχέσεων με Πελάτες at Vezene, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2015

Please accept our apologies for the delay in our answering back.
Thank you for visiting our restaurant! We are glad you had a pleasant experience. The menu has to be relatively small, in order for us to be able to have consistency in the ingredients as well as in the preparation of the dishes.
We appreciate your feedback and look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed February 8, 2013

I will add to all the reviews and say that this was a very nice place to grab an early dinner. The restaurant isn't huge, but the "outside" seating is a very cool looking glass enclosed extension of the main seating area (presumably it is actually open-air seating in the summer). In the winter it is also heated. The most striking part about the outside area is that you sit on a glass floor above a garden that is lit up in the evening.
I had a salad followed by quail risotto. Both were absolutely delicious although the risotto was too much for me to finish after eating all the yummy bread :)
Total with a glass of white wine was 44 Euros - not too bad.

1  Thank Lockon
Vezene, Υπεύθυνος Σχέσεων με Πελάτες at Vezene, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2015

Please accept our apologies for the delay in our answering back. Thank you for visiting our restaurant! We are glad you had an enjoyable experience. We appreciate your feedback and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

I was not ready for this experience in the middle of the worst economic crisis that has hit Athens. I could tell you lovely things about the atmosphere, the service, the location, but what it all comes down to is the food. I honestly cannot remember the last time I ate such a collection of dishes up to this standard. Sure, the menu looked intriguing, and you might think ´why order chips for 16 Euros?´. But do not make such a mistake! My advice to you is try to go with friends and try to order as many different dishes as you can. Our experience of the night was that every new plate that arrived was our favorite, and the next one topped the previous...

1  Thank travelsandeats
Vezene, Υπεύθυνος Σχέσεων με Πελάτες at Vezene, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2015

Please accept our apologies for not replying sooner. Thank you for visiting our restaurant! We appreciate your feedback.
We strive to obtain the best possible materials so as to offer a memorable experience to our clients.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

I made a reservation for me and my cousin a week before my name anniversary. The restaurant tried to make contact with me to confirm the reservation (i wasn't told i have to confirm it) and when i contacted them 2 hours before arrival they said they had cancelled my reservation. They offered 2 seats at the bar and the next available table.

We started at the bar ,after spending 10 embarrassing minutes being patronised by the waiter, infont of my cousin, about not picking up the phone (while i was busy) and that i was fully responsible for destroying our evening....
During the whole dinner and up until the time we left there was a free table which was not offered to us...
The meal and dessert ware fantastic, good quality fresh products used, good size portion and interesting plates.

When i ordered the bill i was told that our two glasses of wine were on the house. The waiter took back the bill of 93 euros and gave me a bill of 83 euros, however he gave me 7euros change out of 100 euro note... I was too embarrassed to say anything and got my coat to leave the restaurant. My cousin who was at the bathroom during the whole time told me that the waiter stopped him on the way to tell him as well, that the wine was on the house which i find tactless as i made it clear to the waiter that this is my name anniversary and i am paying the bill.

To sum up, food is interesting and worth trying but don't expect anything special if you are used to american standards of an excellent restaurant. If you are prepared to be bossed around by high-nosed waiters and sign a ''contract'' for a cramped little table in a very noisy environment and beg them to get your 45 euros/person go for it...
I think good and friendly service is as equally important as good food. Unfortunately, that's not the case with Vezene and i won't be returning.

6  Thank miamia81
Vezene, Διευθυντής at Vezene, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2015

Please accept our apologies for the late response. Thank you for visiting our restaurant! We are sorry you found your experience not to be a pleasant one. Let’s take things from the beginning though…
The actual reason we ask you for your phone number is to call and confirm the day of your reservation. As we’re sure you already know since you live in London, restaurants call the customers to confirm…
We always check with the waiters to confirm that our clients are given the correct change. In case that anyone stopped your cousin at the WC and told him that the wine was on the house, that would be in deed tactless, but that’s not how we do business here. At Vezene we do not use to boss or patronize people. We would be happy to see you again in our restaurant and offer you a memorable experience. We are really glad you enjoyed the food and we appreciate your feedback!
Management