“What a place to eat!!! Wow!!”
Review of Avocado

Avocado
Ranked #24 of 3,718 Restaurants in Athens
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Delivery, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Plaka
Description: PLEASE NOTE : ON SATURDAY 15th of APRIL AVOCADO RESTAURANT WILL BE OPEN FROM 11:00 - 18:00 AND WILL BE CLOSED ON EASTER DAY, SUNDAY 16th OF APRIL AND MONDAY 17th of APRIL. From Tuesday the 18th of APRIL we are open as usual. LET LOVE IN, LET LOVE OUT" Avocado is a vegetarian-vegan restaurant in the center of Athens. We offer fresh, home-made international cuisine.
South Shields, United Kingdom
“What a place to eat!!! Wow!!”
Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Avocado is an amazing cafe/restaurant. We enjoyed three meals here whilst in athens for a week.

The food was obviously freshly prepared and thought was given to all the dishes they serve.

All the food we consumed had excellent balance of flavours which along with the drinks they serve were complemented nicely.

Avocado is situated off the top of Ermou street which is situated next to the parliament building.

All the food is well priced and especially so considering the portion sizes. Mains and deserts can easily be shared.

This restaurant is a must for all vegetarians and vegans....we found other restaurants not as veggi friendly.

If we were ever back in Athens, we would return!!

4 Thank Jenna1985_11

• Turkish first
Athens, Greece
“Very good!”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Excellent and original food! Friendly staff. Yummy bagels.
Unfortunately they do not deliver which is a pity.

1 Thank Kat168
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Yummy!”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

The staff at avocado are very knowledgeable and their menu is extremely user friendly. I am a vegetarian and my husband is Celiac so the gluten free labels on the menu made everything very easy and worry-free for us. The staff is nice and the food is really fresh and tasty. The service is quick and the restaurant (including bathrooms) is very clean. I would definitely recommend Avocado!

4 Thank Avigail S
“Great Food and Service”
Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

Amazing fresh food. Even if you're not a vegetarian you'll love this restaurant. I've eaten here several times while I've been attending meetings down the street and everything has been delicious, fresh and creative.

2 Thank Jacquie H
Jerusalem, Israel
“Excellent food, many vegan options, great location”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We (two couples) ate here three times and enjoyed every meal. The food was excellent with many menu choices, and many vegan options. Great soups, salads, first courses, and main dishes. I won't name all that we tried in those three meals - too many to remember. A few more vegan options for dessert would be nice, and though coconut oil sure makes tasty desserts, maybe something lower fat would be good, too (thinking of the chocolate pie).
Though the menu says that the herbal teas were their own blend, the Bengal Spice was simply a Celestial Seasonings tea bag (for 3.5 Euros!). If it were their own blend, it would not be right to use the Celestial Seasonings tea blend name, but since it was not their own (pretty obvious), they should have said so on the menu. On a different night they made me hot chocolate with 100% cocoa and soy milk, after I inquired about their hot chocolate and found that it was made with a product that had sugar in it (I'm not big on the commercial hot chocolate mixes).
There were two macrobiotic menu items - a macrobiotic plate and udon noodles with veggies and ginger. I had the first one on my first visit and the udon noodles my third visit. Both were superb, and it was weird to me that the waiter said (on our second visit) when I inquired about the udon noodle dish that I should know that the macrobiotic options aren't particularly tasty and that they have those items on the menu for people who insist on macrobiotic food. I didn't order it that night, and the next time, I inquired again (because it says on the menu "ask about", like maybe it is different on different days), and he said "same as last night". I ordered it any way, and was I glad I didn't listen to him. The ginger flavor in it was great, there were fresh green beans, a delicate (giner) sauce, sweet potato pieces, chard, and it was excellent.

3 Thank dinj