Athens Green Apartments
$130
$269
Agoda.com
  • Pool
All reviewsolympic stadiumgreat apartmentthese apartmentswasher and dryerapartment was cleangreat locationwithin walking distancewell equipped kitchenquiet areanational gardensminute walkmain sitesrecommend staying herefirst floortourist siteshop on hop off bussyntagma square
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I stayed in a different apartment this time, which had a kitchen/lounge/diner as well as a large bedroom and bathroom and a private balcony. Everything was just as good as before, and I had no problems with the WiFi signal in this apartment. The owners really are the most friendly and helpful people, who make you feel very welcome. There was a large demonstration in the city on the day I was leaving, and Fotini texted me to warn me to leave early as the metro might stop running later in the day. She even offered to drive me to a metro station nearer the airport. I recommend these apartments wholeheartedly.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank sometimesong
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We stayed in 3 apartments during our stay. It was quiet and comfortable. 10-15 minutes walk to most areas of tourist interest. Apartment owners/caretakers took good care of us. They met us at the airport and dropped us back.They booked our ferry trip to Aegina island and drove us to Delphi stopping on the way in a scenic village. During the entire trip we felt well taken care of.
It is indeed one of the best holiday we had in along time. There were couple of nice restaurants nearby and good bakeries. We walked back to the apartment late nights but did not feel threatened or unsafe. Disposal of toilet paper is irksome but that is how it is most of Athens and was the same in Aegina island. It is good value for money and cosy.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Sivakumar N
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We arrived and Fortini was waiting for us with a warm welcome and lots of info about where to go and what to do. It was very quiet but within walking distance of everything, we only got a taxi once and its easy to find your way back as its just behind the old Olympic stadium. We had coffee, tea and milk provided and everything you could want for cooking.

The taxi driver she recommended from the airport (€40) was excellent and we took an amazing day trip out with him.

Overall I think we choose the best place to stay - it was very clean and very friendly you can cook it you like but we found 4 extremely good and reasonably priced very local restaurants within 2 mins of the apartments.

I think we would have liked the option of a simple breakfast but there was a bakers around the corner so we went there everyday.

Also try to work out the buses and trams as we couldn't but I reckon it would be quite easy with a bus number and a timetable.

I don't know why other reviewers say that the area is not safe etc we found it very safe indeed!

Best place to stay, amazing 4 days - perfect!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank NikkiSmout
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Nice appartament but three stars quoted .Very nice garden .
The appartament is with parking but this is on the street .is not safe at all. The area is not very safe .

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Even though the apartment I had is one of the smaller ones, it was still extremely spacious and comfortable. The kitchen had everything I needed, and there was even a washing machine in an outbuilding. The air conditioning was very effective, and there was a fan as well, so the room never felt too hot. There's a lovely little garden too, which was shady and cool even on the hotter days. There is free WiFi, though you may find the signal drops in and out when indoors - however I had no problems in the garden or by the front entrance. Owners Fotini and Yiannis were very helpful and friendly, and they offer guests the loan of a Greek mobile phone with a SIM card (you can buy top ups locally) which I found very helpful. The apartments are cleaned once a week, or you can pay to have them cleaned more often. I don't change my towels every day at home so that was fine with me, and as it turned out, my apartment was cleaned on the third day so I got fresh towels then anyway. If you're familiar with Athens, you'll know about toilet paper and the plumbing, so you'll probably want to empty your bin daily, but this is no hardship as there's a dumpster just a few yards down the street. The location is not central, but it is quiet and pleasant, and you can walk to the city centre in about 15 minutes or so. I've stayed in three hotels in Athens that are more central, but I prefer the Athens Green apartments. There are small local stores nearby where you can buy food, and several places to eat - Fotini points these out on the map when you check in. You do need to pre-arrange your arrival time, as the owners don't live onsite.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo