“Best Place to Stay in Athens by Miles!”

Athens Green Apartments
Ranked #3 of 60 Specialty Lodging in Athens
Chesham, England, United Kingdom
“Best Place to Stay in Athens by Miles!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

We arrived and Fortini was waiting for us with a warm welcome and lots of info about where to go and what to do. It was very quiet but within walking distance of everything, we only got a taxi once and its easy to find your way back as its just behind the old Olympic stadium. We had coffee, tea and milk provided and everything you could want for cooking.

The taxi driver she recommended from the airport (€40) was excellent and we took an amazing day trip out with him.

Overall I think we choose the best place to stay - it was very clean and very friendly you can cook it you like but we found 4 extremely good and reasonably priced very local restaurants within 2 mins of the apartments.

I think we would have liked the option of a simple breakfast but there was a bakers around the corner so we went there everyday.

Also try to work out the buses and trams as we couldn't but I reckon it would be quite easy with a bus number and a timetable.

I don't know why other reviewers say that the area is not safe etc we found it very safe indeed!

Best place to stay, amazing 4 days - perfect!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank NikkiSmout

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

Nice appartament but three stars quoted .Very nice garden .
The appartament is with parking but this is on the street .is not safe at all. The area is not very safe .

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Henley-on-Thames, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

Even though the apartment I had is one of the smaller ones, it was still extremely spacious and comfortable. The kitchen had everything I needed, and there was even a washing machine in an outbuilding. The air conditioning was very effective, and there was a fan as well, so the room never felt too hot. There's a lovely little garden too, which was shady and cool even on the hotter days. There is free WiFi, though you may find the signal drops in and out when indoors - however I had no problems in the garden or by the front entrance. Owners Fotini and Yiannis were very helpful and friendly, and they offer guests the loan of a Greek mobile phone with a SIM card (you can buy top ups locally) which I found very helpful. The apartments are cleaned once a week, or you can pay to have them cleaned more often. I don't change my towels every day at home so that was fine with me, and as it turned out, my apartment was cleaned on the third day so I got fresh towels then anyway. If you're familiar with Athens, you'll know about toilet paper and the plumbing, so you'll probably want to empty your bin daily, but this is no hardship as there's a dumpster just a few yards down the street. The location is not central, but it is quiet and pleasant, and you can walk to the city centre in about 15 minutes or so. I've stayed in three hotels in Athens that are more central, but I prefer the Athens Green apartments. There are small local stores nearby where you can buy food, and several places to eat - Fotini points these out on the map when you check in. You do need to pre-arrange your arrival time, as the owners don't live onsite.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
5 Thank sometimesong
Geneva, Switzerland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

yes the green apartments are very well located, very nicely furnished it is true.
and yes fotini rights very well in her emails with detailed information.
BUT what I have to say is:
1) you feel that you bother them when you call them,
2) you don't know when you can call (there is no time table where we know when we can call and actually receive an response)
3) they take more than a month to reply to your emails when requesting information

what I dont' understand is although is an excellent tip WHY they don't follow up and be ponctual and quick on the before and after service??????

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank christina c
Yiannis Z, Manager at Athens Green Apartments, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Dear Christina,
Thank you for your review and for your concern and questions with our service for your friend's arrival in the second week of August. I apologise for not writing to you sooner, as I would have liked, when you had written us regarding your friend's updated arrival info. As mentioned to you in our phone conversation, I had assured you we would contact you for confirming the information.

Please understand that it is summer with many short term arrivals and we are taking our best care of clients while at our apartments and those arriving in the near future. I must admit that I did not respond to you as quickly as I would have liked, yet I did not forget you. In the past few weeks I had something arise and was not able to remain on top of all arrival information emails for August and so your friend's and your email on the same day (16 days ago, to be precise, not one month ago) were of those. I apologise if we caused you distress in the matter, and we welcome phone calls, please do not feel that you are bothering us at all.

I think its very kind of you and I commend you for your assistance and good care of your friends when they arrive in Athens by bringing them to our apartments and by writing to us in Greek in case it could be more helpful for them. These are very kind gestures and I can say that we, too, will do our best to care for your friends during their stay.

As mentioned earlier today in my email to you both, we have not forgotten your friends and we are on target with the arrival and booking. We welcome you to come visit us as well and meet in person when you bring them to our apartments, as you mentioned you are nearby in Pangrati.

Thank you for your time and understanding,
Fotini
Athens Green Apartments
Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2012

The communications from Fotini were very good. She helped us secure a taxi to meet us at the airport, which was welcomed after a very long day of travel. We stayed in a two bedroom flat with small kitchen and spacious balcony with access to a lemon tree that was growing up from the courtyard. The apartment was clean and quiet and within short walking distance to The Old Olympic Stadium, The Acropolis, and shops and places to eat.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Horsens, Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2012

We searched for an apartment in a quiet, local area, in walking disstance to Acropolis. Green Apartments Athens was the answer. 5 min's walk; and you are standing at The Old Olympic Stadium with at wiew to The Acropolis.

We stayed in a lovely flat with two bedrooms, and enjoyed the apartment with the big doors to the balcony. Nice bathroom. Our family consists of two teenage boys and parents, and because our oldest sons hight, we enjoyed big rooms (from the floor the ceiling).

We are greatefull for the correspondence with th hostess Fotini before our stay and not the least; her warm wellcome when we arrived. She also gave us all the practical informations we needed to make our stay a succes.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Brisbane
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2012

The owner, Ioannis, had very good English and gave us valuable information about Athens and this area. He was very friendly and obliging. The area was pleasant with shops, cafes not far away. We stayed in the cheapest, smallest apartment which was cleverly arranged and decorated in good taste, but I wish we had booked the next largest one.
We like walking and went everywhere on foot. It was no problem walking to the Parthenon and we are 70ish.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple