“Fantastic Half Day Tour!!!!”

Athens Taxi Arvanitakis - Day Tours
Reviewed November 18, 2011

Our half day tour round Athens started when John picked us up from the port after getting off our cruise ship. His knowledge on which port our ship would come into was invaluable as he explained we would have to get the port shuttle bus to get to him.
He was on time, the most careful driver in the whole of Athens, very knowledgeable about everywhere he took us, very clean comfortable car and a VERY HOSPITABLE person.
He suggested the itinerary and asked if we wanted to change anything which we did not. He also asked if we need to stop for lunch & if so what type of place were we looking for. As it happened we were so engrossed with the sights that we skipped lunch and instead he took us to the most amazing pastry/ice cream parlour ever!!
Thank you so much for making us feel so welcome and showing us your beautiful home city. Many apologises for this late review. The Walker family.

2  Thank Wendy W

Reviewed November 15, 2011

Although reviews seem to be positive for John's excursions out of Athens, we and 11 other cruisers had a very unpleasant experience in Katakolon on our Olympia tour. Our driver was not on time and this of course made us all anxious. When he did arrive he did not speak English as we were promised and had a very bad attitude towards us, spending a good deal of time on the phone (probably with John in Athens). It appeared that there was a discrepancy as to the number of passengers. He expected 10, we were 13 as arranged for and the van held 15. Since we were paying a set fee of 380 euros, I don't understand the problem. Our driver brought a "guide" with him who read a prepared script of information about Olympia to us....very unsatisfactory to say the least. No refreshments as promised were offered to us and the topper to this was that we were told that we couldn't go to the Mercouri winery because it was closed due to a national holiday. Other cruisers using the same company were taken to another winery where their driver went out of his way to make arrangements for them. Our driver and "guide" were constantly on the phone arguing, we guess, about our excursion. We became concerned at times that our driver was not giving his full attention to the road. All in all we felt surrounded by hostility and were made to feel uncomfortable. Our port excursion was ruined by this unprofessional taxi service. If you are going to Katakolon try using one of the taxi companies that are local and not Athen-taxi.org.

3  Thank Charles M
Reviewed November 3, 2011

I recently did a cruise that started in Istanbul, and stopped in Piraeus half way into the cruise before ending in Venice. I had arranged for my 21 year old niece to join me for the second half of the cruise, so she was flying into Athens airport and needed a transport from the airport to the ship. This was my niece's first trip abroad and I intended to make the trip from the ship to the airport to meet her arrival, however I was nervous about being able to use public transportation for my airport transfer due to all the transportation strike issues near the time of her arrival. John Arvanitakis was wonderful about keeping me well informed and assured me that they would guarantee to transport my niece. As it worked out, there was not strike on the day she arrived and I was able to meet her at the airport and ride with her in the car that John's company had waiting. The entire process was smooth and efficient, taking us directly back to the ship. The car was very comfortable and clean, and driver very courteous. I can highly recommend this company for any of your needs in Greece.

1  Thank mechandler
Reviewed September 30, 2011

This service was very excellent to transfer fron cruise ship to Athens airport. Driver was waiting on time with our name, very friendly, knowledgable and spoke good English. Late model Mercedes was clean and comfortable. Cost about 1/3 of what the ship wanted to charge for transfer. Was also easy to arrange - we highly recommend!

2  Thank Wrightway4010
Reviewed September 28, 2011

Three friends and I had the profound pleasure to spend 5+ hours on a private taxi tour with Nicholas (Nikos?), an associate of John Arvanitakis & Athens Taxi. From the moment Nikos picked us up at the port in Katakolon for our private taxi to Olympia, we knew we were in for a treat. Nikos was born and raised (and still lives) in Olympia and he proudly shared information and history with us. He was able to converse easily in English, Italian, and French, too!
Nikos brought an "overlay" book on Olympia to show us how Olympia used to look and what the ruins look like today. He kindly encouraged us borrow his book while we toured the site, which added so much to our visit.
We had a thoroughly delightful and enriching day with Nikos! Many thanks, grazie mille, merci beaucoup!!

2  Thank Susie M