“Do not use Athens-taxi,org for a Katakolon excursion”

Athens Taxi Arvanitakis - Day Tours
NYC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Do not use Athens-taxi,org for a Katakolon excursion”
Reviewed November 15, 2011

Although reviews seem to be positive for John's excursions out of Athens, we and 11 other cruisers had a very unpleasant experience in Katakolon on our Olympia tour. Our driver was not on time and this of course made us all anxious. When he did arrive he did not speak English as we were promised and had a very bad attitude towards us, spending a good deal of time on the phone (probably with John in Athens). It appeared that there was a discrepancy as to the number of passengers. He expected 10, we were 13 as arranged for and the van held 15. Since we were paying a set fee of 380 euros, I don't understand the problem. Our driver brought a "guide" with him who read a prepared script of information about Olympia to us....very unsatisfactory to say the least. No refreshments as promised were offered to us and the topper to this was that we were told that we couldn't go to the Mercouri winery because it was closed due to a national holiday. Other cruisers using the same company were taken to another winery where their driver went out of his way to make arrangements for them. Our driver and "guide" were constantly on the phone arguing, we guess, about our excursion. We became concerned at times that our driver was not giving his full attention to the road. All in all we felt surrounded by hostility and were made to feel uncomfortable. Our port excursion was ruined by this unprofessional taxi service. If you are going to Katakolon try using one of the taxi companies that are local and not Athen-taxi.org.

Visited October 2011
3 Thank Charles M

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Your most dependable choice in Athens!”
Reviewed November 3, 2011

I recently did a cruise that started in Istanbul, and stopped in Piraeus half way into the cruise before ending in Venice. I had arranged for my 21 year old niece to join me for the second half of the cruise, so she was flying into Athens airport and needed a transport from the airport to the ship. This was my niece's first trip abroad and I intended to make the trip from the ship to the airport to meet her arrival, however I was nervous about being able to use public transportation for my airport transfer due to all the transportation strike issues near the time of her arrival. John Arvanitakis was wonderful about keeping me well informed and assured me that they would guarantee to transport my niece. As it worked out, there was not strike on the day she arrived and I was able to meet her at the airport and ride with her in the car that John's company had waiting. The entire process was smooth and efficient, taking us directly back to the ship. The car was very comfortable and clean, and driver very courteous. I can highly recommend this company for any of your needs in Greece.

Visited October 2011
1 Thank mechandler
Davenport, Iowa
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Transfer ship to airport”
Reviewed September 30, 2011

This service was very excellent to transfer fron cruise ship to Athens airport. Driver was waiting on time with our name, very friendly, knowledgable and spoke good English. Late model Mercedes was clean and comfortable. Cost about 1/3 of what the ship wanted to charge for transfer. Was also easy to arrange - we highly recommend!

2 Thank Wrightway4010
Santa Barbara, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Katakalon to Olympia taxi tour with Athens Taxi Arvanitakis”
Reviewed September 28, 2011

Three friends and I had the profound pleasure to spend 5+ hours on a private taxi tour with Nicholas (Nikos?), an associate of John Arvanitakis & Athens Taxi. From the moment Nikos picked us up at the port in Katakolon for our private taxi to Olympia, we knew we were in for a treat. Nikos was born and raised (and still lives) in Olympia and he proudly shared information and history with us. He was able to converse easily in English, Italian, and French, too!
Nikos brought an "overlay" book on Olympia to show us how Olympia used to look and what the ruins look like today. He kindly encouraged us borrow his book while we toured the site, which added so much to our visit.
We had a thoroughly delightful and enriching day with Nikos! Many thanks, grazie mille, merci beaucoup!!

Visited September 2011
2 Thank Susie M
Ajijic, Mexico
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Fantastic experience”
Reviewed September 27, 2011

We spent four days in Athens on our tour through Greece and John Avanitakis was by far the best part of our visit. John picked us up at the airport and delivered us to our hotel. He gave us several good pointers along the way. The next day, John picked us up and took us on a tour through Athens. The second day, John took us for a tour of Corinth. All along filling us in with lots of history and stories about Greece. When we mentioned to John that we planned to rent a car and drive to Meteora, he dropped us at the ruins of Corinth and by the time we got back to the car, he had arranged a car rental for us. The third day, John insisted on picking us up at our hotel, taking us to the car rental office, helping us with the contract, programmed the GPS for Meteora, Nd then led us through downtown Athens and out to the highway. I cannot say enough goods things about John and his services.

Visited September 2011