“LITTLE PEACE OF HEAVEN”

Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Thissio / Makriyanni
Description: Small, simple, family-owned taverna serving traditional and local Greek home-style cooking for over 30 years. Menu changes daily and written on the blackboard outside. Cash only.
Bogota, Colombia
“LITTLE PEACE OF HEAVEN”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Since you enter the restaurant you get confidence willbe one of the best meal in your life... the smell, the smiles in the people who are there, the way food looks...

Simple marvelous.

As soon you arrive ask for Constantino... he will help you and explain what the dishes are, his recommendations... and little try of each you want to try.

22 Euros per 2, beverages included... 5 different options, plenty of food for 3!!! (cof cof cof... we ate everything!!!)

Steps away from the acropolis museum and close by to acropolis entrances...

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Andrés A

• Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Athens, Greece
“Genuinely traditional”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Because I was not sure I would review this small and unpretentious restaurant, near the superb Acropolis Museum, my friend and I ordered two simple Greek dishes and a salmon dish during lunch a week ago. They were all very satisfactory. Next to us, however, two Americans were quite enthusiastic with their chicken dish and a different fish course, and were ecstatic about the bread and the house wine they had consumed! Mrs Anna, who was cooking, is quite a character while her American daughter-in-law is polite and warm. As for the prices, they may be the lowest in Athens! All in all, Very Good indeed.

2 Thank Costas M
Ballarat, Australia
“Now this is a real Greek Restaurant !!”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

It took us three days in Athens to escape the tourist-touting restaurant strips where food was OK, service was OK, and the prices were OK.

But how do you find the authentic local restaurant, off the main drag, where there is atmosphere, genuine hospitality, great food, a sense of fun, and the knowledge that you will be treated as a welcome guest, not just some dumb tourist.

Well, turn right off Adrianou street, right behind the Acropolis Museum, and look for this gaudy-signed hole in the wall that has been serving great Greek food for decades. We spotted it while passing in a bus - my wife commenting that "that looks like a real mumma's restaurant". How right she was!!

Mumma is a formidable soul, while son Constantinos is the affable mine host, with hard working dad sweating over the stove.

We stopped by for drinks and a small plate on one night, and happily returned for a full meal the following evening. We felt really special as Constantinos moved Mumma (who is usually watching affairs from her regular chair out front) and a couple of locals to get us one of the small tables out the front

There is a limited menu (always a good sign) in the E8-9 range, with a 500ml carafe of house red at only E3. We had a great meal of pork, Greek salad, chicken soup and salmon, washed down by two caraffes of red and a bottle of water for just E30.

Get away from those Athens restaurants with massive menus and the touts out the front and find To Kati Allo. You will have a memorable, low cost meal with really nice, real local people!

3 Thank gaad
Toronto, Ontario
“It just seems to have it.”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Certainly not high end luxury, but for E15 I had a beer, a salad and a lamb and potato dish. The Rick Steves endorsement caught my eye. The place was less than 10 minutes from my hotel. I was outside and what really caught my attention was that those to whom he said it would be a 15 or a 20 minute wait all came back.
When I walked by the following day the owner, I guess, greeted me in a way that he had obviously remembered me. Points scorer.

Visited October 2013
Ottawa, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tasted just like a home cooked meal”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Wonderful place located close to the Acropolis museum. Food was the best we had in Athens and at a reasonable price as well! I don't recommend places unless they are truly exceptional and this is one of these places.

1 Thank Josh H