“Very highly recommended. Score A+”
Review of Greece Taxi

Greece Taxi
Ranked #29 of 167 Transportation in Athens
More attraction details
Owner description: Athens Greece Private tours & transfers. Daily / Week long tours in Greece, Athens, Sparta, Corinth, Delphi, Meteora, Ancient Olympia, Macedonia, Mount Olympus, Thessaloniki, more...
Melbourne
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Very highly recommended. Score A+”
Reviewed August 12, 2014

Doing a private tour with Greecetaxi was one of the best decisions I made on this trip, and a great experience that I'd recommend to anyone. If you're tossing up between a bus tour and this, go for Greecetaxi.
• Vasilis the driver was everything you could expect: polite; informed; happy to converse when appropriate, and also fine with periods of quiet as the countryside rolled by. The restaurant he recommended for lunch was also great.
• You can go where you want, when you want. The bus tours stop for a set period of time before moving on. I was able to wander, explore, and just sit and absorb the atmosphere of each place we visited - at my leisure. When I was ready to go, Vasilis was waiting.
• You can go where you want. Finding a bus tour that goes to all the places you want to visit may not be possible. I wanted to go to Plataea, site of a famous battle of the Greco-Persian Wars, but not commonly visited these days. We drove to this pretty obscure field in the middle of nowhere without any trouble, and again I was able to stay as long as I wanted.
• The taxi is very comfortable. Modern, air conditioned, plenty of leg room, ability to recharge your phone or laptop if you have a USB-connection cable. A great place to be as the countryside rolls by. We used both highways and winding mountain roads - and the ride was smooth throughout.
• Pickup. Vasilis picked me up right outside my hotel on a very crowded, busy street - what could be easier.
• Insider tips. Vasilis gave me various places and things worth trying that I would not otherwise have visited. For example the best pork skewers place in Athens (they were good), and the nicest coastal town on Crete to visit.

You should be aware that the driver is not a tour guide. Vasilis had good general knowledge, but in general it's up to you to educate yourself on a drive like this. I watched documentaries in the days before, read some books, used data roaming on my phone to Google information while I was at the sites, and looked up things I had questions about when I got back - which worked great for me. On top of this, places of interest like Delphi, Thermopylae etc. have informative signs, maps and information in English.

Tip - don't forget some bottles of water. There's plenty of chances to buy some along the way, but starting out and staying hydrated is a good idea.

Visited August 2014
10 Thank Ivymantled

Rowhedge, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Trip to Argolis”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

I can say this was an amazing day tour out of Athens driving along the sea coast was spectacular. The Corinth canal amazing and the sites of Mycenae, Epidavros and Ancient Corinth well worth a visit. Our brilliant driever went out if his way to tell us all his knowledge of the sites as well as modern Greece matters. His car was spacious and well air-conditioned. This tour is well woth it. you get to see so many sites.

10 Thank Bettina B
Carnforth, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Best Greece Day Trip”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

My friend and I both really enjoyed the tour. It was a bit of a splurge for us, but we were so glad we booked it and had such a good time. We will definitely reccommend the tour to all of our friends. It was really easy to book and our inquiry was responded to very quickly. The Driver was friendly, very relaxed and wanted us to have the best time possible. We never felt pressured or rushed. He gave us a great reccommendation for lunch. It was a great way to see the canal, Ancient Corinth and Acrocorinth in one day and in air-conditioned comfort.

8 Thank Rose D
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great tour, great company!”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Greece Taxi is a wonderful company. Our driver, Vasilis, met us at the airport and took us to our hotel in Athens. The next morning he picked us up and took us on a half day tour to Sounion and the Temple of Poseidon, even stopping at a beautiful beach for some swimming. He then dropped us off at the pier where we went on a wonderful cruise. He was friendly and so easy to be with. He was very professional and knowledgeable of the area. We totally enjoyed our time with him. Greece Taxi is a very reliable company. They met us again at the end of our cruise and took us back to the Athens airport. Do not hesitate in using them. They were terrific! Thanks Vasilis!

Visited June 2014
9 Thank PattiPer
Nether Wasdale, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Outstanding day tour of Athens”
Reviewed July 5, 2014

We had a great time on our day tour of Athens with Vasilis our very patient driver. This is a really busy city and the traffic chaotic but in Vasili's beautiful air-conditioned car this was no problem at all.We managed to see all the main sites and more on the full day tour. Vasili gave us lots of info about ancient and modern Greece as well as explaining all the problems his country (which he loves) is going through. We certainly came away with great first hand knowledge.

11 Thank Sara T