“Good value with a view to Akropolis”
Review of Attalos

Attalos
Ranked #45 of 3,925 Restaurants in Athens
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Monastiraki
Description: Attalos restaurant-cookhouse is located on the pedestrian road of Adrianos street, on the verge of the historical center of Athens, exactly opposite the renowned Ancient Market. Having a panoramic view at Acropolis, in a pleasant sunny environment, we are waiting for you to taste some of the most delicious traditional Greek food with a great service and at rational prices.
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Good value with a view to Akropolis”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

This has always been my favorite taverna in Athens, each time I am here I eat here, but this time my food was not OK the first evening I was there. I decided that I had to go back to check out if this was the new standard, but then the food was back to normal and good! VERY nice service, talkative and funny guys and pricelevel is very good considering it is in the middle of the tourist area and you have a very nice view to Acropolis.

Visited January 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Athènes, Grèce
“Really greek!”
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

Its the kind of place where you want to eat when u travel. Kind service, authentic setting and great food.
They have u to visit the kitchen to choose your menu and frankly u want to have it all ^^
we had it all and they gave us take away coz we were full! Real nice. And dessert on the house :)

“Favorite meal in Athens!!!”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Out of all the places we have gone on our trip this had the best food, service, and value! We ate here twice while our one week here. The first time I had the lamb chops and they were so delicious! The second time I had the carbonara pasta and oh my gosh it was better than any of the pasta I had in Rome the week before!! Both times we got free shots of raki with honey and spices and also free fruit platters with our dessert! For dessert we had the baklava and OMG it was the best I've ever had! It was so warm and flavorful, I wish I could take it back home with me! What an amazing restaurant!!

• Visited December 2013
Madrid, Spain
“Favorite meal in Athens”
Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

Not only amazing Greek food, good portions, and very reasonable pricing, but an excellent location and ambience. Christos especially made the whole experience so pleasurable and memorable. Highly highly recommend!

Visited December 2013
Israel
“Our best dinner in Athens”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

It was a perfect evening at Attalos to celebrate our last evening in Athens.
Prime location in the Adrianou pedestrian street. We preferred to sit in the outdoor sitting
enjoyed the passers-by.
All the dishes were very tasty. We ate an excellent Sardines, Tzatziki, Calamari plate and Greek salad.
As usual in Greece, we drank the local excellent Rezina wine.
It is not expensive dinner at all. Great food! Very friendly service. The friendly waiter told us about Giorgos Zampetas, Greek music composer, singer and one of the greatest bouzouki
artists of all time.
In the end of the meal, we got a very good Semolina cake... On the house.
We think it was our best meal in Athens.
We shall be back!