“Best place EVER. Very original hotel, 6* service :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of New Hotel

New Hotel
Ranked #7 of 325 Hotels in Athens
GreenLeadersGold level
Warsaw
“Best place EVER. Very original hotel, 6* service :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

Still in my room at the hotel on my last day here. Spent 6 days in the hotel and no doubt one of the best places I stayed at ever. The service level here is superb. The staff is extremely helpful and you feel very welcome here. Not to mention the hotel itself. Every piece of furniture here is artwork, so if you like design this is the place for you ! You almost don’t want to leave the hotel.

In the first morning there was a problem with my shower, and during breakfast after mentioning, I received a apology from the staff and was upgraded to even a better room. The standard rooms are not big, but still amazing design. My new room is a junior suite and it is very spacious with a balcony. The rooms that are towards the street are a bit noisy due to the traffic, so if you are a light sleeper, ask for a room facing one of the smaller streets on the side. The only downside is that the wifi connection could be a bit better...but it works ;)

Breakfast is amazing. You have the choice of cold cuts etc and you will get tea, fresh juice, and homemade bread and croissants to your table. The breakfast is an experience in itself as you really get pampered :)

and location location location... In the Plaka district with lots of restaurant within few minutes’ walk, and 10 min walk to the entrance to Acropolis.

If ever in Athens again, will return ! :)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Bart12_Warsaw
YesHotels, Manager at New Hotel, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear Guest,
The team of New Hotel and myself would like to thank you for choosing New Hotel during your stay in Athens as well as your appreciating comments. We are glad that you enjoyed our hospitality as well as our services and location. We shall share your encouraging comments with the rest of our staff and it will be our pleasure to accommodate you again on your next visit in Athens.
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Serbian first
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

Spent one night here before a cruise. First of all, I was worried since we were arriving on day one of a two day strike. But let me tell everyone, don't worry. Yes, there are no taxis or trains and busses but the hotel arranged a car to pick us up at the airport. And the air traffic controllers usually strike from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. so plan accordingly (or expect a short delay). Got to the hotel easily and was welcomed the the great staff. As everyone else has remarked, the decor is funky, modern with cool lighting - I liked it very much. And the location is great but note, even with new windows, there is some noise (but you expect that in a city). Don't expect perfect quiet.
Also loved the cool motorized window shades. Being two blocks from Syntagma there was no disturbance from any protesters and the staff says it has never been affected. Don't be worried. Even on strike days, most stores and restaurants are open. Also, the Acropolis was open and the new museum (privately run) never closes. Go to Greece. This was my third time to Athens and found early November to be great with cooler temperatures and less crowds.

Room Tip: Corner rooms have two balconies!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DpwSrq
YesHotels, Manager at New Hotel, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your kind review. Our aim is to offer comfort and hospitality to all our guests and we are glad that we passed on this warm “New” feeling. We will share your kind comments with the rest of our staff and we will be happy to accommodate you again in the future!
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

We stayed at the New Hotel for two nights in late August.
The hotel has a great design using materials from the old hotel that use to be there.Lovely rooms, clean, great breakfast. Service is impeccable. Every member of staff was friendly and willing to help in any question or advice you want for Athens.
A hotel we are going to visit. You have a sense of design and modern art?
You are an artician? New Hotel at Athens city is the place to stay. Can not wait to make a revisit.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Brittanykel
YesHotels, Manager at New Hotel, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share with us your kind review. We are pleased that the New Hotel met your expectation on both design and location. We shall share your encouraging comments with the rest of our staff and we will be more than happy to accommodate you again on your next visit to Athens.
Prague, Czech Republic
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

I stayed in this gorgeous hotel in June and October. The original place was old hotel and the made it to be a boutique hotel and it turned out to be beautiful and yet kept some originality. Many chairs in the rooms and lobby and hall way were kept from old hotel and recovered or reformed. That I think it's meaningful and moder. All the decoration in the lobby and the restaurant is made from old furnitures in the hotel and its so magnificent. Unique atmosphere and fun, good location? Definitely New hotel. I fully recommend.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank junbug1973
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your kind review. Such positive comments of appreciation are the best reward to keep us motivated. We shall share your encouraging comments with the rest of our staff and it will be our pleasure to accommodate you again in the near future.
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

I don't think I've ever had a more pleasant hotel experience. I visited for 4 nights in November - my first visit ever to Athens. The location was perfectly situated to experience the Plaka Syntagma Square, Monastraki, and Kolanaki neighborhoods - all worth visiting and each full of life with cafes, restaurants, and people. The metro/subway was just a few blocks away and I rode that nearly a dozen times. It was the cleanest subway I've ever encountered. My room was ultra-modern and immaculate with floor-to-celing windows, black-out shades, a balcony overlooking a church and palm trees, and a flat-screen TV. The design of the entire hotel is interesting, sharp, and unique. And while it is exceedingly modern, the entire space is warm and inviting. It even smells good! But more than anything, I have to say that the staff at this hotel are like nothing I've ever experienced before. Every staff member we encountered went out of their way to make our stay special. They were incredibly attentive, kind, and took the time to remember every last detail - from remembering what we enjoyed for breakfast the day before to when our flight was leaving so they could prepare a breakfast box for our departure. I was dumbfounded by their hospitality. This hotel defied all of my expectations, as did Athens, which was a remarkably clean and friendly city. Amazing place in every way. Shawn from New York City, USA

Room Tip: Some of the rooms facing the street may be noisy but the black-out shades and the sound-proof floor...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Shawn A
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share with us your kind review as well as your appreciative comments. Our aim is to offer comfort and hospitality to all our guests and we are glad that we passed on this warm “New” feeling. Our perfume is custom made just for our Yes Hotels group and we are pleased that you considered it as an extra value to our services. We will share your kind words with the rest of our stuff and we will be more than happy to accommodate you again in the near future!
Truckee, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

EXCEPTIONAL SERVICE AND very good furnishings/finishings. I am 6'7" - the beds not only fit me, but were comfortable. The shower was super cool, with a door that swung 45 degrees as a door to the toilet, another 45 degrees be be the door of the shower - this type of cool design throughout. Bamboo wood floors even in shower, with an infinity like floor hiding the drain. AMAZING european/american buffet included, the quality of the food and service were both exceptional. the only critique of this hotel is that it's a little noisy, but that is to be expected anywhere in a city center - this hotel really made our Athens visit, I cannot recommend it enough.

Room Tip: We had a fish eye room and loved it, highly recommend, do request a higher floor, and a quieter room...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TallSH
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for choosing New Hotel during your stay in Athens. We are glad that you enjoyed our hospitality, our design as well as our bedding experience. Our restaurant New Taste offers fresh homemade viennoiserie as well as a selection of buffet choices. Reviews such as yours motivated us to offer our outmost to our valuable guests. The hotel team and myself would like to thank you and we will be more than happy to accommodate you again on your next visit to Athens.

Montreal, Quebec, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at the hotel a couple of nights between visiting family and starting our "official" vacation. All I have to say is WOW... We have stayed to another Yes Hotels property in the past (Periscope in Kolonaki) but this property and its amazing staff impressed my so much that I thought it was worth writing about it.

Funky, corky, whimsical, like it or not ... the hotel's design is the most unique I've experienced in a hotel and although at first it seems random, after a our first night there it became clear that every detail was thought through with care. There's definitely method to the architects'/designers' "madness"!

The service was the best I have received while staying in a hotel in Greece. All staff was personable, always present and ready to assist, but never intrusive.

Its location is a big advantage. It is located in the outskirts of Plaka (the "old" Athens district) and only a couple of blocks from the Parliament and Constitution Square, which may be a good or a bad thing depending on whether any protests are taking place (we had no problems during our stay). Visiting some of the major archaeological (Acropolis, new Acropolis museum, temple of Olympic Zeus, roman market, etc) is a short walk. Finding amazing restos also a breeze. Finally, it provides very easy access to transportation to and from the airport. The only problem we had was getting to the front door of the hotel on our way there. The entrance is on an one-way side street which took quite a bit of navigating to get to.

We also found it to be a good value, considering our rate included breakfast, which to our surprise went beyond the typical "continental" type cold-cuts and pastries -it included eggs done any style you wanted and espresso-based coffees. Speaking of espresso-based coffee, I had the best latte anywhere in the world. It was absolutely fantastic!

The rooms were very clean and although the hotel was fully booked there was almost no noise coming from other rooms or from the street for that matter, which is pretty amazing considering how busy they are (and we were only on the second floor). So A+ to its soundproofing as well. The only issue we had was that our room was facing towards the rather narrow side-street which resulted to a bit of privacy issue because of its proximity to the building across the street, which forced us to keep our blind down most of the time we were in the room (which wasn't that much). I imagine that room facing Filellinon Street don't have this problem because the street is a bit wider and there is a small church across from the hotel. Anyway, I wouldn't stay in this hotel for the view, since most of the rooms wouldn't have any.

We loved Periscope, but I think we found our new favourite hotel to stay while in Athens.

Thank you New Hotel! We will be coming back!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
YesHotels, Manager at New Hotel, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share with us such a detailed review as well as your kind comments. It gives us great pleasure to know that you enjoyed our hospitality, location as well as our homemade breakfast and freshly brewed coffee at our restaurant New Taste. We shall share your encouraging comments with the rest of our staff and we will be more than happy to accommodate you again on your next visit in Athens.