“Superb”

New Hotel
Ranked #8 of 282 Hotels in Athens
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed September 19, 2011

As a family of 5 including 3 children under 10 it is often difficult to find accommodation that suits. This place not only suited but also went beyond expectations. The staff where superb....friendly, courteous and always willing to help. I would unhesitatingly recommend this hotel to family travellers who are looking for that something special. The hotel was well priced for the offering. There is no pool but heck there is plenty to do in Athens without the need to go for a swim.

• Stayed: September 2011
YesHotels, Manager at New Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments and we are looking forward to welcome you back at New Hotel.

Reviewed September 13, 2011

I cannot wait come back! I had many chances to stay hotel. This hotel is one of the best where I've stayed. Good location, nice price. beatiful designed room, the best service.
If I have chace to go Athen, I will go there without any questions. One thing, breakfast is not good as the room.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 11, 2011

Unusual creative design hotel without fake compositions.
Smiling and fairly good service. Three types of decors for the rooms. "Postcard room" a bit too simple but great bathroom fixtures and fancy furniture. Quality/price=fantastic. Impressive fitness room but uninteresting spa. Forget the basement and it's spa but rush to this hotel if you dislike gold and marble fake decor.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank FrancisRogerDuck
Reviewed September 10, 2011

Wow, I would definitely stay here again and definitely recommend it people with 100% confidence. The service was impeccable, professional and friendly. A very small mix-up of rooms was sorted out extremely quickly and in the nicest way, and this certainly didn't affect my stay - if anything it further proved to me the professionalism and customer focus of the team.

The hotel and my room was extremely clean, spacious, airy and quirky. The design of the hotel is worth a visit alone, I won't spoil it too much, but there are some very interesting pieces made from lamps and old bits of furniture (recycled from the previous hotel I believe?). I would actually like to know more about the individual pieces and the overall design of the hotel, so please write something soon!!

My room was excellent. I stayed in a studio room. It had a balcony with chairs and table overlooking the hills and a church. My room was on the main Filellinon St, but the thick glazed windows shut off most of the road noise. The electronic blinds and blackout curtains were neat and tidy (as opposed to thick curtains). Bathroom was big - I liked the fact that the whole bathroom was a room in itself, but also the toilet and shower were also separate rooms too within. Shower brilliant - large shower head. The designers seem to have thought alot about best use of space.

Breakfast was my next highlight. Breakfast was not a huge and fussy affair, I would say it was just enough choice (freshly baked pastries, breads, eggs/bacon/sausages, cold meats and cheeses, fruits and yoghurts). You could order more if you needed to (from a menu), but this was plenty and nicely displayed. The service with breakfast was a lovely touch - greeted and seated by a host, then served pastries, breads and drinks at your table. One of the highlights for me were the freshly squeezed (pink grapefruit) juices to order and awesome cappuccinos.

The area and location is perfect for visiting Athens. I'm pleased I chose here, as opposed to some other hotels I was looking at. Why? Central spot, only a couple of minutes walk from Syntagma Sq, therefore only few mins walk from bus and metro to the airport. Next to Plaka (the 'old' town), close to the Acropolis (15 min walk) and central to access many other Athens attractions. The area felt safe to walk around at night.

On a side, Syntagma Sq is also the start of the tourist sightseeing buses and small train - I am usually averse to these kinds of sightseeing, but the little 6euro 'hop on hop off train on wheels' was excellent value and takes you up to the Acropolis, around the small streets in Plaka (which the big coaches can't do) and past many key sights. Great for a first-timer orientation exercise. It was also running after dark, so a very cheap Athens by Night tour too. Athens is very easy to get around on foot, the local buses and underground too. So, the Syntagma Sq made getting around even easier.

By the time I left, I felt as though I knew the staff and they knew me. I was certainly made to feel welcome. Everyone was cheery, friendly, professional and passionate about their jobs. My experience at New hotel was excellent - as I think you can tell. Credit to everyone in the team and I really hope I have a chance to come back and stay again. Please don't change!!

Room Tip: My room was on busy road. Most of the road noise was cut out, but if you're sensitive, you might...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Jules1676
YesHotels, Manager at New Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2011

Dear Guest,
We really appreciate your kind comments!
Our aim is to offer comfort and hospitality to all our guests and make New “a home away from home” experience.
Following to your request we are pleased to provide you with more information on the design concept of our hotel. New hotel was designed by the Campana brothers. The aim was to restore and yet recycle the existing furniture always taking into account the Greek culture. The “Favela” columns at the lobby area are covered with narrow strips of wood that was reclaimed from the previous hotel. The whole concept of recycling also applies in most of the furniture. We will be more than happy to provide you with more detailed information via email.
It will be our pleasure to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed September 9, 2011

I booked the hotel through a friend that strongly recommended it. The room we got was really spacious and with a very good price. The balcony faces the Filleninon street great view. The thing we loved most is the fact that it is brand new and everything smells minty fresh. Could not get out of the bed... very comfortable. One of the few hotels we have stayed that we enjoyed the restaurant so much. We recommend you should never skip the breakfast and if you have time enjoy one of your meals. Great burgers... We will surely go back soon. Thank you Athens...

Room Tip: love the room with decoration with the blue eyes
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
YesHotels, Manager at New Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your kind comments. We are pleased that New hotel met your expectations. New Taste restaurant offers fresh, high quality and mostly organic products.
We will be happy to accommodate you and your friends again in the near future.

Reviewed September 7, 2011

I stayed at the New Hotel for two nights in late August. I was initially worried that the hotel might not have worked out kinks in service as it was brand new, but couldn't have been more wrong. Staff was ultra-friendly and accommodating of my request to add a person to the room, provide late check-out, etc. The hotel is cool / stylish and the room was very comfortable -- loved the balconies and the black-out shades. The breakfast is excellent -- especially great coffee and pastries. And the location is perfect - right at the entrance to Plaka and a 2-minute walk to Syntagma. I'm no expert on Athens hotels, but I can't imagine a better experience!

Only issue: wifi was slow and service was spotty.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank JoshLiv715

Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience during your stay at New Hotel.
Our staff aims to provide hospitality comfort and excellent service in all sections. Considering your remarks on our Hotel's wi fi system we already took the appropriate actions.
Thank you for your helpful comments and we are looking forward to welcome you back at New Hotel.

Reviewed September 5, 2011

Spent a day and a half in Athens and two nights in the New Hotel in transit from Santorini on my honeymoon. New Hotel was recommended the GM of Esperas while staying in Santorini and I am really glad he made this rec. Very cool hotel interior. Our room was one of the most unique and cool I have ever stayed in. All amenities/design were unlike anything I have seen before. The fact my wife and I were on our honeymoon must have come up in conversation as when we came back to the hotel after touring the city there was a chilled bottle of champagne with strawberries and four perfect dipping sides - totally unexpected and very thoughtful. The staff made great recommendations during our stay and they could not have been more professional. The service was top notch. They coordinated taxis at odd hours of the morning for flights. The only thing I would say negatively is that the free wireless Internet is spotty and frustrating. The name "New Hotel" sounds generic from an american perspective and doesn't do this place justice. Hopefully, no looks over it because of the name as it was a truly great stay!

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank Tasso2222
YesHotels, Manager at New Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your kind comments. Our aim is offer comfort and hospitality to all our guests. We are glad that you enjoyed our Honeymoon treatment and we wish you all the happiness together. Your comments are very valuable to us and helps us to keep our high standards.