2,601 results
All reviewsrooftop poolnice hotellarissa stationsofa bedomonia squareminute walktaxi driverbreakfast buffetlate at nighttop floorcentral athensneighborhoodxboxmetroacropolistaxisimmigrants
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I stayed one night whilst en route to a sailing flotilla holiday. The Superior Family room I was given was spacious, air conditioned and clean. A much better choice than a Gatwick Airport hotel.

After checking out I was able to leave my bags in a secure luggage room and do the tourist bit of Acropolis, Ancient Agora. I finished off with the National Archaeological Museum a few minutes walk away from the hotel.

I ate both in the hotel and in a cafe overlooking a nearby square, both were good quality.

Larissa Metro & Suburban rail station was only 12 minutes walk away for an easy return journey to the airport and meeting up with the Gatwick flyees.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Tzikas, General Manager at Novotel Athenes, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Dear Hotel Guest, We would like to thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at the Novotel Athens hotel. You enjoyed your stay and we thank you for your positive feedback. We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again. Sincerely, E. Tzikas, General Manager

Reviewed October 26, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights but not continuously (went to Hydra Island for one night in between), and the hotel let us kept our luggage in their storage room, which was helpful. The staff was very friendly. Breakfast was good. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. I'm rating this hotel average because it's just what you would expect from a 4-star hotel. We had no complaints, but nothing that we felt especially impressed with either.

As for the location, the neighborhood did make me feel a bit uncomfortable. It was a bit dark at night, and the street was dirty. It took us about 15 min to walk to the closest metro station, so it wasn't too bad. Despite feeling uncomfortable, we didn't have problems walking in the neighborhood.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 24, 2013

stayed 4 nights while in Athens. Booked 3 months in advance so breakfast was included. Location is not bad, surrounded by 3 metro stops each about 5mins away from the hotel so it was easy to get access. Not much food on the room service menu. Breakfast was quite good. Service was excellent, very helpful. Room was nice and clean! When they found out it was our honeymoon, they gave us 2 drink vouchures to use at the bar which was a nice guesture.

would def stay again

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 23, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Tzikas, General Manager at Novotel Athenes, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Reviewed October 23, 2013

If you are reading this review, I hope you are keeping an open mind regarding the location, as some reviews on here suggest the hotel is situated miles from anything. I was slightly put off by the description of the reviews, but took the gamble- which paid off.

I stayed here for 2 nights in order to explore Athens. It will take around 1 hour to reach from the Airport on the metro. The nearest station to the hotel is Larisis, taking around 5 minutes to walk there. The main attractions are just a few stops away on the metro with most things then being walk able.

I stayed here for 2 nights in a twin room. The beds are just two single beds with a small sofa in the corner. The room had a TV (although just the 1 English speaking channel, although I am of the opinion that you don't go on holiday to watch TV). The room was slightly small but fine for my needs. A small writing desk was also in the room. No tea or coffee facilities. The bathroom was of a good size, but had no bath, just a walk in shower. Shower gel was provided.
Air conditioning is installed, however was not very effective during the first night and was reported to reception who offered to move us into a different room, which made for a much better environment. I accept things do not work 100% of the time and as the hotel rectified my issue, I can't hold this against them.

Breakfast is served on the ground floor and was an American hot style buffet. On both mornings, food was hot and well stocked.

There is a roof top pool and bar, offering views of Athens towards the Acropolis.

If I return to Athens, I will certainly consider staying here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank metromuppet

Dear Hotel Guest,
We would like to thank you for having shared your feedback on Tripadvisor.
You enjoyed your stay at the Novotel Athens hotel and we were delighted to read your warm words of appreciation.
We look forward receiving you again in the future.
Sincerely, E. Tzikas, General Manager.