“GOOD TO STAY BUT NOT FOR AREA”
Review of Novotel Athenes

Novotel Athenes
Ranked #58 of 281 Hotels in Athens
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 5, 2012

room is clean and safe.
affordable price.
not good to stay area. It is quite dangerous area which i didn't know.
I would like to suggest you to travel only daytime.
At the night. I thnk that you'd better to stay at the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Eschborn_GermanyKim
Tzikas, General Manager at Novotel Athenes, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Dear Guest,

I was delighted to read your comments on this website in which you praise our team members' hospitality and the excellent teamwork. Be sure that I will pass your comments to our team members as they are pride themselves in the quality of their work and love to hear from our family of customers.

I hope we will have a pleasure to welcoming you back at Novotel Athenes.

Best Regards

Reviewed October 31, 2012

We stayed here mid October. The hotel and rooms are nice. The rooftop pool is really nice and offers a panoramic view of the city. Free wifi in the lobby and the room, so that was definitely a bonus.

The breakfast buffet was so-so. The neighbourhood wasn't the best, but I didn't feel unsafe at any time, and it's located within easy walking distance to the subway.

Definitely a great hotel if you're looking to explore Athens.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sycamoria
Tzikas, General Manager at Novotel Athenes, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Dear Mrs ,

We were very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you were totally satisfied with our services and facilities.

As General Manager, I was glad to know that my team has managed to create a really nice and welcomed atmosphere for your and that you were completely satisfied with all aspects of service in our resort. It’s our goal to provide the highest level of service for our dear guests and to let them feel most relaxed and comfortable while staying with us. I will surely pass your feedback to all my colleagues to share the good feelings you experienced.

Once again, let me thank you for your kind recognition. Such positive feedbacks are very rewarding to us. I am sure we will be able to welcoming you back at Novotel Athenes again and again.

Yours truly,

Reviewed October 7, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Tzikas, General Manager at Novotel Athenes, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Seems one of the best deals in Athens! Nice pool on the rooftop, small but good gym, clean, modern and new. All good, location maybe weakest point, but we came when the staff was on strike so they sent us to another hotel for 2 nights, the other hotel was bad (no pool, no gym, no wifi, separate beds, old and kind of dirty). The strike is not their fault, but hey, I paid for a nice hotel and actually stayed in a bad one, so this was managed badly.

A good hotel, but make surer don't go there when the staff is on strike :) so I give 4 stars instead of 5 and give bad grade on service

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your constructive comments regarding your recent visit.

I do apologize however for the inconveniences you experienced during your recent stay owing to strike and also your thoughtfulness in bringing your comments to my personal attention is greatly appreciated.

I do value your patronage and look forward to many opportunities of welcoming you again at the Novotel Athens.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed September 25, 2012

As expected from the Accor group and the French standards, no bad surprises, nice room&bathroom, clean, and very friendly staff too.. Great breakfast,and great swimming pool on the roof with a Wow view. and near to the tube and centrale train station and not far from the long distance bus station too.
I definitely recommend this hotel for everyone who is stopping by in Athens despite what some reviews stated about the area as dodgy or not safe ... comparing to what is dodgy in Paris and London it is a walk in the park.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank Antoine Z
Tzikas, General Manager at Novotel Athenes, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

Dear Guest,

I hope we will have a pleasure to welcoming you back at Novotel Athenes.

Best Regards

Reviewed September 22, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel on several occasions and have been very impressed by the staff and efforts to maintain a first rate hotel at an extremely affordable price....not always that easy to find but near Larissa rail station

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Michael L
Tzikas, General Manager at Novotel Athenes, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Yours truly,