“Good base for exploring the city.”
Review of Novotel Athenes

Novotel Athenes
Ranked #56 of 285 Hotels in Athens
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 5, 2012

The Novotel provides what you would expect from a well known hotel brand.
The room was very basic, with the third bed being made up via a sofa bed. However, the shower facilities were perfect and the room was very clean.
The roof terrace and pool were sublime. The view of the Acropolis is what you pay for, especially when eating a great meal with friendly and polite service. The sofa area on the roof was particularly comfortable for an evening spent chilling out with drinks and watching the sunset over the Acropolis.
The second night we used the restaurant downstairs and the food was well presented and delicious with good service. The breakfast was a good spread too.
Internet usage was available downstairs and was free for the first 10 minutes.
It is perfectly located for walking access to the metro and tour bus, however I must agree with some of the other reviewers that the surrounding area was a little dodgy and you would not want to find yourself lost at night. Walking back to the hotel early evening felt a little bit unsettling, although our impressions are formed as strangers in a new city.
Overall, the hotel itself had good service, and facilities.

• Stayed: September 2012
Tzikas, General Manager at Novotel Athenes, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Dear Guest,
We were very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you were totally satisfied with our services and facilities.

As General Manager, I was glad to know that my team has managed to create a really nice and welcomed atmosphere for your and that you were completely satisfied with all aspects of service in our resort. It’s our goal to provide the highest level of service for our dear guests and to let them feel most relaxed and comfortable while staying with us. I will surely pass your feedback to all my colleagues to share the good feelings you experienced.

Once again, let me thank you for your kind recognition. Such positive feedbacks are very rewarding to us. I am sure we will be able to welcoming you back at Novotel Athenes again and again.

Yours truly,

Evripides TZIKAS

Write a ReviewReviews (2,401)

Reviewed September 5, 2012

very good location, very nice staff, super breakfast and very nice swimmingpool on the roof terrace + beautiful view over the acropolis. Will recomend this hotel to friends, whith only one snag, too little water pressure in the shower.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gunilla41630

Dear Guest,

Many greetings from Novotel Athenes.

I would like to reply to your comments on this website and thank you for sharing your positive feedback about the hospitality of our team members. I was happy to know that we have succeeded to exceed your expectations in regards to the service delivered.

We put on a lot of effort to maintain the highest standards of service our guests would expect from Novotel Athenes and we do appreciate a lot your kind recognition.

We will be looking forward to welcoming you back to Athens and to Novotel Athenes in a very near future, please do not hesitate to contact us at any time.

Best Regards,

Reviewed August 31, 2012

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 30, 2012

The Novotel Athens is a very reasonable hotel to stay. It has a very friendly staff, reasonable amenities and it is value for money if you select the right options. Of course the area around the hotel is a little run down but I was staying in the hotel and not the street. I wholeheartedly recommend this hotel and I feel you will not be disappointed.

As I read the critiques from many I was concerned but when I arrived I found it was a very good hotel. One must remember that Greece is doing it hard and as one taxi driver on the street told us that 180,000 shops have closed. It is located in an emigre area as it must be cheap to get rent and accommodation so maybe the sight of the occasional veil or African might scare a few but I felt no security problem. Of course I did not wander around late at night but in any city I am sometimes reluctant.

The staff are very friendly and knowledgeable. On the first day the girl on the front desk gave us a good run down of times/ days & tricks to remember for the newbie tourist. This information was accurate and had a degree of common sense. I have not one bad word to say and I can only praise the professionalism and friendliness of the staff.

The hotel is clean and it has all the amenities that a short term tourist would need. The swimming pool is clean but a little crowded. Given that it was forty degrees outside that was understandable.The breakfast was great value and the lady serving always had a smile, a great way to start a day. I agree with many others that the pool restaurant was not great value and maybe better to eat outside the hotel rather than there. The view is great but I am not sure if the price of the meal was worth it even though we were given a discount voucher.

I was impressed with the entertainment they provided for children and the computers in the lobby worked which is not always the case. The wifi was not the best and in the room it was hard to access even though we moved rooms. Small problems that did not take away from a great stay.

So finally this is very good hotel with professional staff, reasonable amenities and good value for money. Give it a try I do not think you will be disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Peter A

Dear Guest,

On behalf of entire Novotel Athenes team I would like to thank you for this excellent feedback on Trip Advisor site. I was happy to read your comments in which you praise hotel’s products and services. But my greatest pleasure was to know that a bit of personal care provided by our team members did make you feel truly relaxed and comfortable during your stay. I will be sure to share your comments with all members of staff.

We will be happy to welcoming you back again at Novotel Athenes in a very near future.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed August 26, 2012

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank 101Ginger8
Tzikas, General Manager at Novotel Athenes, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Reviewed August 23, 2012

Myself, wife and 2 student kids stayed for 4 nights. Novotel standard rooms, but a poor excuse for a fridge "it's not a fridge, just meant to keep things a little cool" - ever heard such rubbish!
Breakfast buffet was very good. Bad point - the top 2 inches on the back of every chair was dirty with finger marks - for a wipe clean chair is brings into question the cleanliness standards of the hotel.
Pool was very good - on the roof overlooking all Athens and excellent Acropolis view. Friendly enough staff, but nothing extra special.
The rooftop restaurant by the pool is not the best food, and expensive compared to most places in Athens - certainly compared to the main tourist areas near the Acropolis. But you'll eat there for at least one night anyway for the view! I asked the waiter to choose a dry wine (not knowing anything about Greek wine) and he chose a good reasonably priced one, so thumbs up for that. If you want to eat there, book a table, it gets full.

The Novotel is not in a touristy area. There are a few local bars - very much for locals, and we didn't see any restaurants. It's a 10-15 minute walk to the underground stop, or 5€ taxi - if there's 4 of you and it's hot get a taxi! The underground is cheap, clean, safe and efficient. Overall it's 30-40 minutes from the hotel to the Acropolis by underground, and about €2 each way.

In summary, it's a Novotel, it's fine, it's cheaper because it's out of the tourist area, but not somewhere you'd go out for a stroll in the evenings (it DIDN'T feel unsafe at any time, just a bit grubby and run down)

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank AlanReadingUK

Dear Mr,

I would like to thank you for sharing a positive experience that our team managed to create during your vacation.

My absolute pleasure was to know that our team members have managed to deliver a bit of personal care as it’s our goal to provide an extra service to our guest and to let them feel most relaxed and comfortable while staying with us. I will surely pass your feedback to all my colleagues and personally to those persons, who you have mentioned in your letter. We put on a lot of efforts to achieve and maintain the highest standards of service to satisfy our guests requires, thank you for your kind recognition.

I am looking forward to welcoming your at Novotel Athenes in a near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed August 17, 2012

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mcg1001
Tzikas, General Manager at Novotel Athenes, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012