“Comprehensive experience”

Ranked #5 of 47 Spas & Wellness in Athens
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Hammam baths has to be on your list of ‘must do’s’ when in Athens since it’s the only authentic hammam in the city. Hammam baths offers you the ultimate relaxing experience through a blissful full body scrub during the bath and a glorious massage on warm marbles. You will feel your skin so soft and refreshed as never before. The building combines traditional architecture with modern minimal interiors.Our prices welcome you to visit again and again! Enjoy your day in the historical part of the city and treat your self to a traditional hammam bath! Booking is required so call us and we will be happy to assist you!
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Unique experience especially Ali Hammam mom is something else. Very professional job. I recommend it to those who want a moment of relaxation into a splendid place with professional services.

1  Thank amantzou

Reviewed June 9, 2014

This place is a serious must do at the end of your time in Athens! Located in the midst of central Athens ticked around a corner is a spot of serenity and relaxation. I signed up to go on the tripadvisor recommendation while I spent a week working in Athens. I knew I wanted to do a little of the typical Athens Acropolis and Plaka visit. But, I was looking for something out of the ordinate and Hammam hit the spot. I went with a colleague (bring a bathing suit!) not knowing what to expect. The Ali Mama service where they scrub you down for about 30 minutes is glorious! They wash you on a marble slab from head to toe including your hair. Never have I experienced a more relaxing time. It's in a steam bath with running hot and cold water that you can mix just to your temperature and pour over your body. Topped it off with a 30 min dry massage. I thought the experience might be creepy but instead it was wonderful. My new happy place! Would go back in an instant.

3  Thank lam1971
Reviewed June 9, 2014

This was my first experience with Hamam, my friend have been in severel Hammam in Turkey and she means this is the best ever. Treatment , be aware that Hamman for 25 euro is just a bath and steam bath without any massasje or soaping, it's do it by your selfe. We booked different treatmentents like Ali Mama which included massasje , soap, bodyscrup and hair wash. It's worth the price. We also had pedicure. I had booked a 30 min dry room athletic or lymfemassasje. What I got was aroma massasje which I didn't need. I also had a treatment they forgot. However, just be very prepared of what you have booked and ask at the reception when you arrive if they have the same booking as you have. The staff is excellent and I will be back for shure. But then only for "Ali mama" treatment. That was great! The reason for why I don't give the the highest score is that they forgot the treatment I booked .

1  Thank H2O40
Reviewed May 6, 2014

This was a surprise gift for someone and we both had a wonderful time. It was both our first time in a Hammam Bath and the staff was very helpful. After the whole experience, we were very relaxed and realized afterwards we had spent about 2 1/2 hours there. I am recommending this to all my friends for sure.

2  Thank Duckie043
Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

I left feeling amazing. The long steam, scrub and dry room massage was the perfect combination to relax and relieve sore muscles at the end of our stay in Athens. The whole experience from entering the steam room to tea at the end was blissful. Staff were very friendly and helpful. This is a must do whenever I return to Athens.

1  Thank Lindsaydoodle
Nayia K, Γενικός Διευθυντής at Hammam Baths, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Dear friend, thank you so much for your comments! We'll be very happy to see you again in your next visit in Athens. All the best to you!