“Hydra Poros and Aegina Boat Trip ( Saronic Island Cruise)”
Review of Gray Line Greece

Ranked #184 of 289 Tours in Athens
Ontario
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Hydra Poros and Aegina Boat Trip ( Saronic Island Cruise)”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We decided to take this 12hr trip when we were booking our flight and hotel through expedia. Initially all is well, on pickup from our hotel, the person in charge handed us a piece of paper where our Bus No. ( bus #5) was written for our transport back in the hotel from the port after the trip. The first stop was aegina, a tour was offered bec acc. to them the island was too big to explore by foot, my mistake, we took the panoramic tour and for me it's just a waste of money ( 15 Eu each) not much to see, it's all winding road and cliff, boring, the tourist guide tried so much to make it exciting, there was this convent or church and we were allowed to explore, bought some pestachio nuts at the foot of the hill, waited and back in the bus again. It was cold and windy on the other part of the boat so we decided to stay on the opposite side, but no way you can tolerate the smell of gasoline, so all the way we were inside. The lunch was average, it was buffet, but choices were not that great, enough not to get hungry, the pasta was tasteless. The other food was average. The other islands, Poros and Hydra were better, the best was Hydra, there were suppose to be donkey ride, but they are mostly horses. The trip overall was tolerable, we enjoyed the view, and browsing on the shops on the islands. But what was really not acceptable, was when we docked on the port, it was dark, there were at least 10 buses, and people in charge with their placards were the bus no. were written were standing on one side of the road, to group as, but did not wait enough, she went right away towards the assigned bus, she just assumed that people will take the bus assigned to them, that was still ok we can look for our bus we know what the number is, but that was our mistake, all the bus has no number, there were a couple but what was written was group A and the other one group B, no where can you find a bus with no. 5 on it, we started to ask the driver of each bus and they don't even know, finally at the end of the line which is the last bus we saw the girl grouping us when we docked, she was there already.This tour is so disorganize, and it's not even the peak of tourist season, i can just imagine when it is. My advise, if you have been to another boat ride, keep your money spend it on another trip, there's not much to offer, but if you choose to do it, just stay on the port don't buy their extra tour.

Visited March 2013
3 Thank mrspjr

Arizona City, Arizona
“Enjoying your Travel”
Reviewed November 16, 2011

I was amazed by the fact that I never had to skip the one thing that I love most while away in Greece – my daily exercise regimen. I love keeping my body fit. That’s why when my husband and I planned for this trip, I almost never wanted to go because it would mean having to skip exercise and pack a few pounds after several days of staying at a hotel and sampling local delicacies.

In this case, however, I’m glad we pushed through with our plan to visit Greece this year with Peter as our tour guide.

Peter is an awesome tour guide. When you visit places in Greece with Peter, each moment presents you with great surprises. Not only will you learn a lot about the country’s culture and heritage, you get to experience those firsthand as you stroll where the locals stroll, eat what the locals eat and dance what the locals dance.

I am also delighted by the fact that each time we sample the local delicacies, I don’t have to feel any guilt, even though I’m hundreds of miles away from my home gym, because I know tomorrow, we’ll have ample amount of exercise to burn what I’ve consumed the previous night.

The entire tour was thoroughly enjoyable. In fact, it was so pleasurable that my husband and I are already planning our next one.

Visited November 2011