Periscope Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$443
$198
Melia.com
$153
  • Bar/Lounge
Athens Lotus Hotel(Athens)(Great Value!)
$145
Hera Hotel(Athens)
$296
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsthe penthousekolonaki districtprivate jacuzziboutique hotelupscale neighborhoodgreat neighborhoodsmall hotelstandard roomour honeymoonquiet streetcafes and restaurantsmodern designthe ground floorwithin walking distancecomfy bedcomplimentary breakfastclean rooms
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 25, 2010

The hotel is in a charming, trendy, and central area, which is convenient for sightseeing and going out. The service was really good, people really helped us when we had internet connection issues. Although we came too late for breakfast, they offered us coffee and sweets. Rooms were designed with taste. They were very clean and comfortable. A lovely small urban hotel in the heart of city for design lovers. I would definitely recommend it and go back there!

Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2010

Stayed at the periscope on business, very trendy, clean and in a good location. Love the glass wall shower, room a little small but to be expected in older character properties in Europe ., would return.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 28, 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Periscope for one night in August 2009. The staff are extremely friendly. The breakfast was delicious.
The room is super modern and the bathroom feels luxurious but the door to the bathroom is slightly see-through and the toilet is right behind the door so you can pretty much see someone on the loo, which is not ideal.
The bed is one of the most comfortable beds I've every slept in. The colour theme in the rooms is grey and black and although the room was a decent size, the dark colours made the room seem smaller and a bit depressing - almost like a prison.
The location is good - although Athens felt super quiet in August with most shops closed in the area for the holidays.
I would say this is a nice hotel but it's very expensive and I have stayed in nicer places for a lot less.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2010

What more could you want?

I was a bit concerned having read other reviews of this hotel but was very pleasantly surprised when I arrived. The room I stayed in was light and modern with an amazing bird's eye view of the city on the ceiling.

Yes, there is still a building site across the road but I didn't find that it disturbed me.

The cafe does very good coffee and you have access to an amazing Holmes Place gym with a 25m pool and state of the art equipment 5 mins walk away. Also within easy walking distance are excellent food and shopping as well as all the sights of the city.

I would happily stay again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
YesHotels, Manager at Periscope Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2010

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind review. We are really glad that you enjoyed your stay and we will be more than happy to accommodate you again in our Hotel in the future.

Dimitris Valyrakis
Hotel Manager

Reviewed July 23, 2010

Stayed for two months in Athens on Buisiness. Hotel staff and Especially management made feel at Home. Friendly always helpfull made their best to make my stay pleasant.
No question about it I will be staying there again next time Im in Athens.
Also Great value for money in the Centre of Athens.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
YesHotels, Manager at Periscope Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2010

Dear Mrs. Anna,